Tonight was "Shopping with a Hero" sponsored by WalMart. The kids got to tour the fire trucks, before and after their shopping excursion. They also go to pick who their "Hero" would be, William chose Austin and Brooke chose James, both volunteer fireman with the Attica Fire Dept.
William rode in the fire truck, without me or Jack, Brooke got scared, right after they buckled her in her seat, and started to cry, so she rode in the car with us. Once we got to WalMart, they got their gift cards, candy cane, and picture with Santa. Then off we went, I went with William and Jack went with Brooke. They did really well, and chose half clothes and half toys.....Brooke does not need clothes as much as William, who is out growing everything...she gets Rachel's hand me downs....But she did choose a t-shirt, leggings, and legging set with a really cute shirt...She needed underpants and some thick tights, but of course daddy was with her and did not know she needs those things. William got 2 full outfits, a pair of jeans and 2 pairs of Pajama's...then there was the Barbie's, baby doll, Little Pet Shop, Hannah Montana ball for Brooke...toy ambulance, loud car that moves on it own, tractor and water color paints for William...
I have talked to both of them for a couple of days, that Santa asked them to help shop for them for Christmas, cause he is so busy and that this is part of their Christmas...They will have a couple of things to open on Christmas morning...I also have read them the Christmas story, The Best Christmas Present of all, among other stories about what Christmas is really about...Of course they do not get the total concept of it, with their age, but I do let them know it is not about the presents and how many or how much they cost..It is about the birth of Jesus...over the years they will get the concept, unlike some people I know, who take it as a day of how much is under the tree and how expensive they were......
I did get pictures, but of course, with this slow Internet there is no posting them from here..........SO I will hopefully get them posted tomorrow, I have to go out to get the Santa pictures from WalMart, so I will stop by the college and use their computer, I already put them on my flash drive to do so....
WalMart even gave us a nice size ham, that was really nice....So we will be having ham for Christmas.
OH almost forgot, I was able to get William a birthday present...Since I sold something on Etsy...I got him 2 pairs of Pajama's for $9 and then a set of 5 Matchbox cars for $2.99...so I feel much better about that...Now when it is a little closer to the 17th we will take him to the store and let him pick out his cake, and what cupcakes he wants to take to school.
I posted some more stuff on Etsy, today while I was at school. I am working on some more snow flakes also, and this weekend I have an afghan to join, and also need to study for a test and final exam in Psychology...Then I have sign language and computer work to do....it is going to be a hectic 2 weeks, with trying to get everything done, and it being so close to the end of the semester (last day of class is the 18th even though the 23rd is the scheduled last day, our professor said she will not plan a final exam for 2 days before Christmas)
Well, I really need something to drink, I ate pizza after the shopping excursion, and it has made me VERY thirsty.............
Hope you are all doing well and keeping warm..........
Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't...............
2 comments:
Sounds like the kids had fun and they are learning the true meaning of Christmas. I think that is grand. The rest will take care of itself. Don't worry mom! Thanks for your recent note.
They shopped for themselves? That's a very different idea for young ones; but no doubt saves buying the wrong size and having to return things later.
Is shopping with a hero a special program in your area? I've not heard of it.
Glad you've sold some items, that's always a bonus.
Sandy
Post a Comment