Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What's up........

So earlier while waiting for William to finish with his speech, I went by the college and posted some pictures and also listed some new items on Etsy.
I am sitting here just a little depressed, I LOVE Christmas but you know it can be so depressing to me these past years....Maybe cause of no money.......and the saddest part is that William has a birthday on the 17th and no money for a present for that either.....I have been crocheting up a storm...and trying to study also, just so that I can have items to list on Etsy...to try to make some money, to at least get a little something for the kids.......

THEN I sit here and think of Friday, Dec. 4th....and feel a little joy for my babies....they get to Shop with a Hero...at WalMart...they will be going with the Attica Fire Dept....they even get to ride in a fire truck to WalMart....It is just not the same, cause they still have nothing for Christmas morning, under the tree....I will talk with them, and let them know that the money was from Santa, and that he asked the fire men to take them shopping, so that will hopefully help....

I am very excited for them...and will be sure to get lots of pictures and post them on here....

Thursday night I will be forgoing Philosophy class, to instead take the kids to the Flint Library for a Storytelling, and it will be done in ASL....it is being told by my teacher, and it will be a credit for my class....I think the kids will enjoy it, cause she is such a good storyteller, and even if you do not know sign language, she gets her point across and will make you laugh.....

Still doing VERY well in my classes, did have a little disappointment when I dropped down to 89% (instead of 90%) in my Psychology class, so at the moment I am at a 3.5 instead of 4.o......Still good, but I really would like to carry the 4.0............
Had to take the plunge and apply for a student loan, to be able to take my Winter classes, and hopefully finish my degree by the middle of next year...Have not heard from them, BUT I am praying for good news and to be able to take the classes I already registered for......Have 3 of the 7 classes I need, so that would leave me with 4 classes to take.....Wish me luck..........

Well I think I should get some lunch for little man and myself....my tummy is protesting..........

Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't.............

2 comments:

Jennifer Cirka said...

OH!! The rolled brim hat turned out adorable!

Linda said...

Wendy, I'm glad you posted. I miss it when you don't. Read the kids the Christmas story from Matthew and Luke. Tell them Christmas is about Jesus Birth and not how many gifts they get. Help them make homemade gifts for your mom & dad. (Bake cookies, etc)When I was growing up, Christmas was a time for families and enjoyng the day. It wasn't a big selling season for the stores. Take them caroling. Enjoy Christmas for what it is.