Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Just a few things

















I am sitting here at the Ed Tech center, not in the parking lot, but inside the Teens and Tots preschool room. This is where William receives his speech services, and since the twins Ethan and Gordie go to the preschool program, after their “Class” the therapist uses this room….There is a little Observation room, that I go into, when William is in “class”, and they have computers, but I do not like to use them, incase the students come in and need them, BUT today I decided I would bring my laptop in and take advantage of the free WiFi, and post a new item (Baby Set) on Etsy, do a Blog post, and also show some pictures.











Things seem to be going pretty good, since the little blow up with my father. I think he was feeling really bad about what he did and said.











My mom and I cleaned house today, I did my usual, the bathrooms (boy were they bad) the dusting, and that was all besides a load of laundry. I went to the doctors this morning, he sent me down for some X-rays of my right knee, and that was about all, he said he did not have the time to schedule the appointment for the specialist for my wrist. He did not even look at my knee or feel it or even give me something for the pain…..It was not so bad when it hurt only on occasion, or when it was just going up and down the stairs, but now that it makes this funny, yucky crunching noises, when I walk, and hurts continually, that I decided I better get it checked out….Ibuprofen does nothing for the pain, BUT I guess I will have to deal with it until I go back in 2 weeks, unless something shows up on the X-rays and he calls me in sooner.











I made a sweater over the weekend, it was suppose to be for Brooke, for her to use at school, if she got cold, well after making it, it was WAY to big for her, it fits my 10 yr old niece, so I am making Brooke another, and hopefully get the sizing right, this time. I used the No Holes Hexagon Sweater pattern (will try to place a link for it) I use leftovers of worsted weight cotton…I just love it and so did Brooke, but her new one will be with mainly pinks, since that is her first favorite color, Orange being her second………(that is why the BIG one has orange for the trim)











Both kids have eye appointments on Thursday, and also we have an appointment with DHS for our yearly review of services. Originally the worker made the appointment for the same time the kids had their appointments, and finally after a week of trying to get a hold of her to reschedule, she called back today, and we will go at a later time the same day. Next Tuesday Jack and I both have eye appointments…. We shall see if the pressure in my eyes is the same, worse or better…since it will be with a different doctor, I will not say anything, and see what comes up….I am hoping that there is not a problem and it was all a mistake or got better…..I am having way too many “problems” on the health front, lately…..I guess I can try to blame it on all the stress of my life right now. I also think the lack of health care for so long did not help any, either………….











I hope everyone is doing well….
Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don’t………………..

6 comments:

Scarlet said...

Hi Wendy,

Boy is Brooke a spit and image of you, she is a little doll. William is getting to be such a big boy too. *sigh*

I love that sweater and would love to have the pattern if you can send me the url or post it what would be great. I also love the baby set that you made. The colors are beautiful.

Miss you but good to see you online and posting.

*hugs*

Ghost said...

All your work is so nice. And the kids pictures are so great.

pinkangel said...

Hey Sweetie, How is the knee doing? Has the doctor called about it? Praying that "things" go well for y'all.

Many Hugs

Cheryl M said...

Wendy, your children are beautiful. I have been reading all your entries and know my prayers are going out to you and your family. I know things will work out, this is just in God's master plan. Your work is absolutely beautiful and I wish you luck with your Etsy.
Cheryl from Hookstown

Linda M. said...

/poke You in there Wendy!? We miss you! Hope everything is going ok? (((Hugs))) and prayers for you and your family!

Sandy said...

Soooooooo glad to hear from you and will change the link for your blog, was very worried when I tried to go to your page the other day and go the message the blog no longer existed. Yikes, didn't know what happened. Sorry I'm not up to speed about the latest incident with you and your father, just knew things at home were stressful and difficult. Been thinking alot about you and was going to post today...hey who knows what happened to Wendy when I got you note. Sigh of relief

Good luck with the knee, eyes, and computer...oh and your new blog.

Take Care and keep us posted.
Hugs
Sandy