Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sleep

What is that word...Sleep...well it finally did come after 4:00 a.m. after my last post...I was sleeping well, after getting that off my brain...5:37 a.m. "MOoMmmaA (think of a frantic panic stricken child) I am going to throw up".... OK honey, go, go to the bathroom Momma is right behind you, as I fly out of the bed, getting twisted in the covers...Brooke was sleeping on the floor in the living room, since the couch is now in storage, her dad is a sleep in the chair next to her, but she wants, needs, her momma....The poor baby, I grab a wash cloth and get it wet, grab some tissue and wipe her mouth, then proceed to bend over her wiping her forehead and neck with the cool cloth....She is done, and shaky and sweaty....I walk with her back to the living room, she does not want in bed with me...I cover her up and go get her "bucket" (my Tupperware Mix and Serve/pour) I sit next to her on the floor and rub her temple and talk to her and she settles back to sleep...I proceed to go back to bed...6:57 a.m. I faintly hear rushed foot steps into the room with a moan, no words are needed, I tell her to go I am right behind her...now she has the dry heaves, this goes on for the next 4 hours at about 40 minute intervals....
She just got done with a Popsicle, the next time (I am sure there will be a next time) will not be dry, and hopefully not so hard on her...I HAVE to keep her hydrated.....She said, as she was eating the Popsicle, that it was making her belly hurt, but she was not giving it up....

It is going to be a VERY long day...and I will be dragging butt for sure....darn Brain running overtime....I could of had at least 3 hours of straight sleep before the first episode, if not for the brain not shutting down....Instead I will be packing and such on 1 1/2 hrs of straight sleep...
Such is life....the life of a Momma.....

3 comments:

Ghost said...

boy, when it is bad it is all bad. Hope all is feeling better soon.

SimplyMe said...

Check out the marley's ghost pattern on ravelry or knitty.com

Aunt Kathy said...

Hope Brooke is feeling better already, sick is no fun for anyone