Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Friday, March 20, 2009

Skills

You know in today's job market you need skills to succeed...What some may see as skill others do not. I have LOTS of skills, but none for which makes me employable in the eyes of an employer. MY skills come from life, creativity, determination and an eye for detail. You would think that MY skills would be what an employer would want. No such luck.



I know that if I was a business owner and I wanted my business to be successful and and my employees to "enjoy" their job, that I would want ME for an employee.



I can bring so much to the workforce.



I have 2 small children, and even though we do not have a true "schedule" we do have our routines and things that need to be done. I manage to take care of them, the house and yet still find time to craft, play, enjoy the outdoors, etc...all that comes with being a Mom and Wife and Female.



Since I am actually "unemployable", I have taken the plunge and will be going back to college. I will gain the "skills" that will enable me to be "employable" in the eyes of an employer. Along with those skills I will still bring MY skills, and hopefully some employer will think of me as an asset to their business. Of course it will take some time to achieve this. BUT I will not achieve it by not doing it.



Today will be spent running stuff to the storage unit, not that I want to do it, instead I would like to finish this felted bag I started. BUT I will do it, to basically shut my father up about doing it.



I finally listed the new set of wash/dish cloths on Etsy. SO many things need to be done and SO many things I want to do....There is just not enough time in the day or enough of me to go around....



Hope you all have a beautiful day............

4 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

I commented once but it disappeared

I commend you Wendy, BRAVO

I too am considering going back to school. it's on my to do list for next week. We can get smart together, lol

Ghost said...

Today's job market is really rough and getting tougher every day. I think you plan is a good one. And you do have a lot to offer.

SimplyMe said...

So, what are you going back to school to "be"

Remember, that degree tells employers that you are willing to do what hoop jumping it takes to get that piece of paper. It's worth it. Really. I went back to school when my kids were about Brooke and William's ages. It was fun, hard, crazy, insane and worth every minute. They were at my graduation (of course all D remember is being cold and the bagpipes...whatever she was still there). Heck, K and I sat at the table and did our homework together. I took D for a pop at playland and studied for hours. (it's amazing how far 1.50 worth of pop will get you on studytime) and somehow figured out how to study admist the yelling (which is MUCH easier than the "mom, I need..."

It's all going to work out.

You CAN do this.

And I love the new cloths.

pinkangel said...

Wendy I applaud you. You can do ANYTHING that you set your mind to. What field are you thinking about. Hmmm Is DH planning to do something like that too.
Hugs