Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My day


Not much but packing going on here...I did manage to make a square today, while William was in school. It is for a special surprise afghan..I am hoping to take some time, after the kids go to bed, to make another one.


Tomorrow we will go get a storage unit. Then we can start moving stuff to it as I get it packed.


Thursday is the only day the Housing Commission is in, so we will be going there. First Jack will go get his blood work done, then there and then at noon we have Brooke's IEP.


Got a call from Brooke's teacher, and there will not be school until after Easter break. The classroom has been leaking badly, and today with even more rain, they ceiling tiles are bulging, and it is now running down the walls...SO it is not safe for anyone to be in the building. They have leased a new building, but are still waiting on the occupants to vacate and then they have to move in. SO until they are ready for the children, we will be getting a weekly home visit for schooling. Of course that leads to a problem, with not going to be here, and not knowing where we will be, but we will have to work it out..maybe even meet at the library. I will also have to talk to Brooke's Speech Therapist about how she will be receiving her speech, I will not allow her to go for a month without speech...


William's Speech Therapist is looking into what ind of resources she may be able to help us with. She said that the Early On coordinator was asking about us also, even though neither kid is in Early On anymore, since they are 3 and over. Heather (Williams therapist) will be getting a hold of Karen (EO coordinator) to see if she can help out with any resources.


My father called and was talking about making sure he keeps the truck full of gas for Jack and I to move stuff. That is how it will be, just the two of us...only problem with that, is there is NO way that we can move the furniture, he can not be lifting the heavy stuff down 17 steps, and the bedroom furniture is solid oak, so I do not know what we will do...Hoping that we may get some help from someone.



I was knitting some shamrock cloths from KrisKnits. I was going to make them and sell them on Etsy...WELL I have only olive and celery in cotton. SO I stopped at JoAnn's while I was out with William, NO green cotton of any kind to be found....SO I then went to WalMart, since I had to get some milk and bread, do you believe they did not have any green cotton either. Neither one had ANY shade of green...I will probably finish the olive one I have started, and put it with the celery one I have done, and give them to someone, or send them for donation, somewhere.



OH and guess what .....I won......I did not win first prize, but LOVE the second prize I did win....

Remember over at Jaybird Designs, she had the contest for the finished items from her patterns...The Tangerine Sweater (sweetheart sweater) one second place. I put in my order for the $20 gift certificate, chose 4 of Jennifer's crochet patterns. Then I also put in my order for the Knitware Software. I chose the Sweater software. I will be able to design sweaters no matter what size or shape a person is...How cool is that.....It will be fun to play with, when I get it and have the time....You should go check out Jaybird's patterns and Knitware's design software...


Well I still have some laundry that needs to be done, so that I can finish packing the stuff we will not be needing anytime soon. Then I have to tackle the china cabinet. I really hate packing, especially when it comes to wrapping breakables...I have to wait on some more small boxes, before I can pack most of the dishes, they are too heavy to place in a big box, they need to go in several small boxes. Of course that box that has all the sheets and blankets is not too light....may have to rethink using the big boxes for anything. OR just fill them only half full. I could always just push them down the steps, and not even try to carry them down...We shall have to see what I decide to do.


Hope everyone is having a great day.....

Til next time....Break is over.................

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

That's a pretty square Wendy. Glad you won too. Maybe you can find some highschool kids around to help with the furniture.