Being a Mother has brought on all kinds of new experiences. Some good and some not so good...
WELL Brooke has come down sick, she actually has been sick since Monday, but it is not a normal kind of sick...It is not like the time my poor one year old came down with Rotavirus (?) on mothers day, it is not like the first flu she got. NO this is different.
She has been fine, no fever, only complaining of a tummy ache, not eating much, tired all the time. AND occasionally throwing up, of course it is after she has gone to bed and fallen asleep, the next thing I know I am yanking her straight up to keep her from chocking to death, because her stomach has erupted like a volcano. The worse part is not the having to take all the bedding off, and doing laundry at midnight, or having to stick her in the shower to clean up her hair and body...NO the worse thing was all day and I mean ALL day yesterday she had the most terrible gas...It was erupting from both ends and had the most horrible smell of rotten eggs (sulfur) I can only imagine the burps on her part, it could not be the most pleasant thing at all, if it had that kind of smell.
The child would come to cuddle with me, and I would have to hold my breath if her innards erupted, because I could not very well push her away, or tell her how bad it was. SO I was the good momma and would suffer right along with her.....
I called the doctors this morning and they have no openings until tomorrow morning. SO I took the one and only appointment. Hopefully we can wait til then.
This is not, from my experience, a normal stomach bug. Not with the smell, and the fact that when her tummy does erupt it is full of contents from days, and her stools are an almost colorless substance that it not normal.....
I checked online and there are numerous causes of the "smelly" burps. There are also numerous causes of the stools. I am not jumping to any conclusion. Instead I will inform the doctor of all the symptoms, and see what he comes up with. This will be a test of his knowledge.......and if he tells me it is just a stomach virus, like he did on Tuesday, then I think I will seek another opinion....It could be just the case, but I don't think so, so if 2 doctors tell me the same thing, then I will settle for it, but I am not taking the word of just one, in this case. Especially when the child has been complaining of stomach pains for months now......
Being a momma is a HARD job. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. You have to listen to your child, you have to know your child, to know if it is just an attention getter complaint or if it is something else. You can go to the doctors, BUT they do not know your child, they may only see said child once or twice a year, so they do not know what is "Normal" and what is "abnormal". You then have to sit there an think to yourself if you are just being silly and nothing is wrong, or if you have a good reason to think otherwise. I am no where near done with being a mother, and have many, many years of mothering to do. I will learn even more, and hopefully make the right decisions based on MY child.
I wonder if we will have a repeat of yesterday.....I will just have to be on my guard, so that I am not pushing my poor child away, from the stench erupting from her body.
Please keep Brooke in your thoughts.....
3 comments:
Sounds awful but you did like a good mommie.
Poor little Brooke and bless your nose. Hopefully they can give her some meds tomorrow to fix her up. You are right, being a Mommy is hard work and it never gets any easier, my baby is 24 yrs old and I still take care of her when she is sick.
Yep being a mom is tha hardest job we are ever going to LOVE.
Post a Comment