Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Haircuts, needles and stuff



















The kids and I got our hair cut today....We were all very overdue for one. Brooke and I chose the over the shoulder length, now we both have some bounce back in our curls, not all the weight pulling them out. William I chose to have the "bowl" cut and I think he is so cute with it. He really like the feel of the shaved back and sides. I was not getting Brooke's hair cut so short, she was the first to get hers done, then William and then me. When I was getting mine done, she was standing next to me and I asked her if she liked her hair, and she firmly told me no, it was not short enough...OK are you sure, and she said yes, she wanted hers like mine, so after the girl was done with mine, we put Brooke back in the chair and and did as she wished.


I made a pair of size 11 knitting needles in 16 inch length. It was a request from a friend. I had to buy some more beads today though, because all of the ones I had were too small for the bigger needles. I think they turned out very well. The white is the glue, it is still drying, and when it is completely dry it will be clear.



I have 4 rows left on Brooke's sweater, it is going to be slightly big, but that is good, since I am using the cotton fleece, it will have room to shrink some, which will happen. I will get pictures of her in it, when done, and share them with Jennifer at JayBird designs to share with her readers.



My father the ever present "well call someone" called our State Rep, today, he was talking with the assistant when I stopped in to get our mail, and handed me the phone, She asked me a few questions and took my info, she will do some checking into some places to get us some, at least, temporary help. She named off 3 different places. I am not getting my hopes up, been there, done that, way too many times, but will be keeping my fingers crossed...(and praying)


My parents will be having their 43rd wedding anniversary on the 12th and my grandma will be turning 88...SO they will be leaving on the 10th to go to Maryland and spend a week with her. I made her a towel holder and jotted down the directions for her to make some, and am going to ball up some cotton to send her way. She lives on a VERY limited income, not much SS or retirement from GIANT foods, even though she was in management. SO she still to this day has to work to make it. She babysits, and the kids she watches are no older than 5, and now, no younger than 2. She at least has gone to only part time, but has a hard time making it, but with her health she just can not take care of the babies anymore, or do it full time. She is the reason I finally got my jam made. I wanted her to have some, so I had to get it done....she use to can all the time, make grape jam, apple butter and peach butter, She made spaghetti sauce by the gallons and would freeze it, and always baked. Now she does not do any of it. I think she likes that I do, and my mom said that last year, when I sent jam, my grandma had it a couple times a day, and had most of it gone by the time she came home (of course she was there for about 3 months, due to my grandma falling and hurting herself) SO this time I am sending MORE, and that way she can enjoy for a little longer.



I am going to fix dinner for the family on Saturday, for the anniversary. My brother has his boys this weekend, and Rachel does not have to go to her dads, so there will be a house full. We are going to take the kids sledding (a surprise) on Saturday. I will fix loaded baked potatoes, BBQ ribs and corn for dinner...maybe I will even bake...not too sure of that though...


I am sitting here wishing my little munchkins to sleep....I so want to go soak in a really HOT tub of water and relax and get warm...My body does not like this cold anymore, especially when the wind chills are below (way below) zero....chilled to the bone is the word here.


I will finish up Brooke's sweater, and maybe get it washed so that I can try it on her tomorrow and get pictures.

Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't...

5 comments:

pinkangel said...

OMG I just LOVE William's bowl cut and Brooke's looks curly again. Your size 11 needles have the look of very good quality.

OK Now where is the picture of you with you new haircut?

Many hugs and much love
Diane

Jan Mader said...

Your kids are adorable!!!!

Aunt Kathy said...

Sounds like a great day... I hope you got that hot tub

Ghost said...

Great shots, needles and hope you have a great day with the kids.

SimplyMe said...

Enjoy every moment of the weekend.