Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Some finished projects






I have gotten my groove back, I think........I made 10 baby washcloths in 5 hours yesterday, and also made a pet cuddle and a baby bib today....I have more Cuddles I want to make and send on to Scarlet, she made a special request to help out with some feral cats, and I the cat lover have to help do what I can...Here is her special request for help, if you would like to help out also...






The baby washcloths and bibs are a special request, and I am more than happy to do them...



I have one bib done and 3 to go, and out of the 10 washcloths 8 of them will be going to her. I have 4 girls and 4 neutral, and need 2 girl and 2 neutral bibs...I decided to do the bibs in ecru and use a color for the border. Then I thought to embroider on them, so that they are not so plain. I forgot how much I love to embroider and actually remember how to do it...I am not sure what to put on the neutral bibs...maybe on one I will do ABC blocks, and then the other maybe BABY...I will also do something besides Lazy daisies on the next girl one...





The washcloths are 6 inches square and in various colors...The bib is a pattern from Bernat, and I did not do the border their way, I just did SC around...I will make the next girl one using a "G" hook so that it is a little smaller, and the neutral ones I will do the same way "H" & "G" hooks so I have 2 different sizes in them also...
We are getting SNOW....and not just a little bit...I would say that at 9:30 p.m. we already had about 9 inches on the ground and it was still coming down...I went out and shoveled the end of the driveway, there was very deep drifts, if I had waited til tomorrow and they plowed the road, I would have never gotten even the snow blower through it....Hopefully tomorrow it will not be so hard to "dig" us out...by doing that.
Well it is late and I am tired, so I guess I will hit "POST" on this and pick up my mess, and go to sleep ...
Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't...........

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so tired of snow already. Thanks for mentioning us in your blog regarding the pet pads. Yours looks so nice and I love the washcloths too and so many. But the star of the day I think is the bib. It is just so precious. You do really nice work and I think these bibs would go well on your etsy.

Sandie said...

I agree with Ghost. The bibs would do well on Etsy. I just bought some cross-stitched bibs there. I know there is some concern about CPSIA. I really don't think that yarn counts - it doesn't have lead in it. Do you have a mailing list to let people know when you add things to the shop?

JustCindy said...

The bib is just too cute! I hope you show us the other's that you make.

SimplyMe said...

Once again, you did a beautiful beautiful job. You are one talented woman, Wendy.

Sandy said...

Darling bib. I just printed off their pattern the other day and need to get some made.

Snow...yea,we're getting it too.

Love all the pretty colors in your washclothes.

Glad you got your groove back.

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pet mat, wash cloths, and that bib is just beautiful with the embroidery on it!!! If I knew anyone having a baby I would sooo order one!!! My crochet never turns out that good, and Lordy knows I couldn't embroider flowers. :-P

pinkangel said...

Wendy, For sure you need to put some of those bibs on your Etsy. So beautiful.....As always your work is a winner..

Hugs

Aunt Kathy said...

Glad you got your groove back... it feels good doesn't it?

Scarlet said...

Beautiful work as usual Wendy. Thank you so much for helping out with the kitty pads. I am overwhelmed( that is a good overwhelmed) with the response that sis and I got. People are so loving. We all are blessed to know these giving people.

*HUGS*