
The kids got a package in the mail today....When I opened it up I was so pleased with what I saw. They got some beautiful clothes from a very generous and loving friend ....Thank you so much...............William got a suit with shirt and tie and Brooke got several dresses and 2 suits...She had to try on everything, and would not take of one off for at least an hour...I have to take in Williams suit in the pants length and sleeves, but I will do it that I can take it back out later. And Brooke's suit sleeves need to be taken in too.
NOW to get some money together to buy them some nice shoes (they only have tennis shoes and winter boots) alter the clothes and then I will get a hold of my Aunt Cheryl to take pics of the kids...they look so good in them, I of course had to take pics, and my favorite one is of them looking at each other.
Brooke was looking at the pictures when I was putting them on the computer, and out of no where she informed me that she wants a pretty white dress when she gets married, and she wants William to be in her wedding. She also informed me that she wanted pink, purple and blue colors in her wedding. I have no idea where she came up with that stuff, but I sure hope it is not for many many many years down the line....Little girl you are not even 5 yet....I guess she figures she will set her goals early, so that maybe she can achieve them....
I would love when Jack and I celebrate our 10th anniversary to have a real wedding. One where I can actually buy a dress meant for it, not one where I picked a dress out of my closet (that was worn to my cousins wedding) one that is indoors and not outside on a very stormy summer day. One that we actually have friends as well as family at, and then one that we actually have a reception...a big ole celebration party...not a little get together dinner at a local restaurant....I could have had all those things when we got married, but instead I chose to be kind to my parents...instead I took a $1500 buyout, to pay for us to move into our apartment. Of course those wants of the future will not be realized, unless something in our life finally gives and we have the money to do it...BUT it is a nice dream to have....Just like my daughter's dreams of the future...........
I lost my groove a little bit, I am still working on the second pet cuddle, should have been done, but the dreaded curse struck and I have NO energy and only want to veg in bed...with Midol....BUT of course that is not possible so it has been SLOW....maybe I will get it done tonight before I go to bed...and then tomorrow I can work on something else, just not sure what....
Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't..........
5 comments:
Gotta love the Midol!
the pic of the kids is priceless!!! I know you want an official one, but you might be hard pressed to find a better on that the one you have...it's incredible!!!
curse-be-gone!
Wendy, I can see why you love the pic. It is pricless. So innocent looking, As far as the 'curse'...I forgot about that. Believe me, there are better months ahead.
Hugs
Wow, what a great shot of the kids. And the generosity of some people is just amazing. I know the kids feel real special in their new duds. Feel better and be happy.
The kids almost look like a wedding couple, so cute.
As for the wedding... I eloped. Yep, and our reception was 4 friends and us at a bar with a jukebox. We always said we would have a real wedding the following year, didn't happen, then we said 5 yrs, 10 yrs, 20 yrs... this year will be 29 and we still haven't. However all the others we knew that had the big expensive fancy weddings... DIVORCED. I am thinking the wedding is just wrapping paper... the everyday marriage is the true gift.
When Steve and I were married, we had a nice, middle of the road wedding. We were married in my family church by my dad, then had a reception at the VFW, all free. We were able to use the money saved to take a honeymoon to the mountains in West Virginia, where we rented a state park cabin for 5 days(way cheaper than a hotel). I thought it would be nice for our 5 year anniversary to go back there, but Steve had been unemplyed for months, and was just getting back to work...so no money. What I'm trying to say is, if you can't do it on your 10 yr anniv, who's to say you can't do it on your 11th or 12th? Not a landmark year, for sure, but when Steve and I finally get back to our cabin in the mountains, who cares if it's our 8th anniv instead of our 5th? And Kathy's right, everyone I know who had the huge fancy wedding are either divorced or seperated...
Post a Comment