Boy I tell you I am so tired and should be sound asleep, but of course I can not sleep....so much I want and need to do and do not know where to begin...I did manage to make another Kitchen set for Etsy, but have not sewn the button on and then will need to take pics...I also managed to pull out some wool to make a felted (fulled) bag for Etsy..I have not done one in awhile and I so love to do them. It is going to be gorgeous (I hope) I am using Patons Classic Wool Merino in Paprika, Royal Purple, Leaf Green and Dark Grey Mix..........I guess I like wild, matches my life perfectly....I am one that would probably wear polka dots and stripes together, if I had those things....LOL....I mean my poor boy has been put out in public with plaid flannel pants and Stripes....and Brooke OH how I loved one outfit for her, it was jeans that from the knees down was strips of material in 3 different flower patterns with eyelet lace at the bottom and a "Flower Child" type top with a different flower pattern. Of course she was only a year old and I bought the set at Family Dollar, like that, but I just loved it and she looked so darn cute in it...Maybe I should take some of her outgrown good jeans and some material and make some to sell....I know I would buy them...IN FACT better yet I should go buy a cheap pair of jeans at Wal Mart and make some for her to wear now, she would love them, she is like her momma in so many ways....
Last night, or should I say this morning the kids finally went to sleep at 12:30 a.m. ( yes that is midnight thirty... ) Mind you we had to get up at 6:30 to go to Jack's appointment with the Cardiac surgeon....We were all dragging butt today and I decided to go to my parents and cook dinner for everyone.....
We did have icy roads, it is a given in our life, but I took my time and did not care if someone got mad at me for doing only 50 on the freeway. I also stayed behind as many salt trucks as I came across....Of course the kids did not appreciate listening to the salt beat on the car....
I gave the surgeon the pillow and he said it was beautiful and that he was going to display it, he kept looking at it and even saw the picture in it....Jack, just last night, said to me "I can't believe you are giving that to him" Well when we left the surgeons office he said to me "you really made his day"....It was so worth it to make it and give it to him, when I saw the reaction.....IT MADE MY DAY..
Jack is now released from the surgeons care, and can Drive, Vacuum, and lift more...He will not be able to even think about shoveling the snow til next season, but that is fine with me....at least he can now do the 2 things I really do not like to do, he can take Brooke to school (she is soooo happy that it is daddy's job again) and he can vacuum.......Yippee....I guess I should say that it is not the taking Brooke to school that I hate, it is the having to not only get up early but to also have to get dressed and leave the house in the morning....I am not a morning person at all, and would rather drag it out as long as possible and maybe even all day if I can...like PJ's all day every day....
One nice thing about everyone being so dog tired is they went to bed by 7:30 and are still asleep...that includes the fur babies and hubby, so I have some peace and can do what ever I want, like raid the cookie jar and not have to sneak them because I do not want the kids to have one so late...Or sit here on the bed typing this and not losing my train of thought because someone wants or needs something or is just being a pest...and I can watch whatever I want on TV and not have the kids all crabby because it is not a "Kid" show....
I do believe though that I will hit post on this, clean of the mess on my bed from choosing yarn, and get all comfy and fall asleep with the TV on sleep timer...
Hope all is warm and safe...........
6 comments:
I hope you have fallen asleep already. I set my sleep timer too.
What a great post! I feel like I spent the day with you. I knew the cardio doc would love the pillow.
I know how wonderful you feel that your gift was so well recieved. I had not doubt it was beautiful and also it sounds like your life might be getting back to a little bit of normal. Hooray!!
Sooooo nice to hear from you Wendy, even though you life is still hectic. I smiled while reading your note about staying in PJ's all day long. I relate. I can be very productive with housework, knitting, computer etc. while wearing comfy pj's. I tell hubby it's my lounge where since I really don't sleep in them, that makes them technically not jammies! He rolls his eyes. lol
Glad to hear things are getting back to normal, Jack got the release from docs to do a few things, and share you not love of the vacum! Whats wrong with a few dust bunnies, after all one can knit or crochet or dust...dahhhhhhh
Be careful out there on the roads, enjoy your quiet time and have a great wkend.
Sandy
Can you tell me where and how you got the neat flowered header for your blog?
Sandy
I'm so glad the doc liked his pillow and Jack is doing so well.
Post a Comment