
Things are better now.......I got home about 9:3o. When I left the hospital Jack was stable....
His oxygen level and blood gases had dropped dangerously low and his heart rate was in the 100's....things were not good.........The pulmonary doctor checked out is lungs and Xrays and said everything looked fine and that since he had told me he was so scared of the breathing tube, that he had probably been fighting it causing his heart to work too hard....They have kept him very sedated and his levels are perfect now....I finally got to see him about 7:30 and they let me talk to him....he opened his eyes when I said his name and reached for my hand...he was perfectly relaxed and did not get upset...that was a very good sign....They are hoping to pull the tube, in fact by now they probably have, I will be calling the hospital in a few and check on him again...
I went in the hospital today RELAXED, even after the icy drive there, I knew everything would be fine, unlike yesterday. I was at peace...When they told us he was out of surgery and the surgeon talked to us I relaxed even more, so when they FINALLY told me there was a problem, I cried my heart out....I said I should have never relaxed that much, I should have known better, because in all aspects of my life this past year, as soon as I relax, I get a curve ball thrown at me...
I am feeling better now, will still have a restless night, but I will be OK....
This is what the surgeon had to say.......They only did a double bypass instead of a triple...the third one was in a place that they could not get to from the way they went in...I do not know what they may or may not do about it, later....
The valve was a birth defect...and probably was hereditary, since Jack's mom had 2 valves replaced...his valve only had 2 flaps instead of 3, and they were deformed....He advised that I mention this fact to the kid's doctor and that they do an echo on them....it would show up as slight murmur, and if that is the case then further investigating should be done....
I am going to get off here now, call the hospital...and then go to bed.....
FIRST I would like to Thank everyone for everything..............
I will never be able to express my thanks for all the prayers, support and love..............
7 comments:
Doing a happy dance! Now on to the task of recovery.
WOOHOO - Praise the Lord. Jack will be home soon. I will keep on praying for him until he is home.
Love,
Chris
It is quite ok to relax. Remember that our Lord is holding your hand. I am praying that Jack's recovery is smooth and complete in a very timely manner.
Continuing in prayer for all of you.
Many Hugs
GOOD.
Sleep tight sweet pea!
You have a good sleep! I am so happy to hear everything is going well. I'll keep him in my prayers to continue on the road to recovery with no curve balls! ;-)
Yes Wendy... that peace was no mistake. Those curve balls want you to think you can't relax in God's promises. BUT you CAN. Jack is going to be home soon, and please don't fret over the kids... believe in God's power to heal. They do not have to have this hereditary condition. OK?
Love ya, hope you slept.
So glad you had good news yesterday and I hope you managed to get some sleep. Prayers continuing for you and Jack and the kids. Let yourself accept the peace that passeth all understanding. Don't be afraid to relax. God is good.
Love,
Suz
Love Wins
Post a Comment