Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Thursday, December 11, 2008

The morning after

I got some sleep, I do not feel like I got much, and do not remember waking up too much last night...But must have because I am still tired....in fact I probably would still be asleep if Brooke had not woke me up at 8:00..........

I called and talked to Jack.... he sounded good, hoarse of course...He asked me if I heard what happened, and I of course asked "what"...well he says he lost over half of his teeth....I of course had not heard anything like that, so I do not know if it is true or if he is just hallucinating...
I pray he is not hallucinating, I went through that with his father and it went on for 2 days...Is was not an easy thing, and we would get phone calls at all hours of the day and night with what he "thought" was going on, when in fact nothing was...he would say really nasty things to us and then disown everyone....if Jack still has all his teeth, I will have a talk with them about what pain meds they are using on him and see if they can change them NOW and not 2 days from now....

I forgot that today is garbage day, so I did not get the garbage out last night.....I guess that John will just have to deal with double the garbage next week...

I am actually enjoying a cup of coffee right now, the dog is pestering because he is feeling neglected, the kids are watching TV....I will be getting ready in an hour and taking the kids to my moms, I do have to make a stop at the post office to mail a package that is a sale from my Etsy shop. It should have gone out yesterday, but of course I had more important things to take care of...I will go see Jack and probably stay a better part of the day with him, there is not really anyone else to go see him....and I don't want him to feel deserted....

I guess I should get off here, and maybe do a few things before I leave, the house and house duties are very neglected, I have dishes that need to be done, laundry, I really need to empty the litter box, and the vacuuming can just wait (cat hair and all) I will also make a stop, if not today, then tomorrow, I have to buy my littl man a birthday present, and it will be easier with him not with me.....He will not be getting much, but at least he will get something...I will get a cake next week, we will celebrate his birthday on the 20th...

I have not done much crocheting or knitting...I have my knitted LOVES cloth about half done, and maybe I can finish it today...we shall see......
I do not think I will take the lap top with me today, it was a pain to lug around yesterday...I will get on here when I get home and let you all know how the day went and if Jack is really missing teeth and how it went when and if I had to chew some butt for not telling me..........

Hope you all have a wonderful day and are safe and warm..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Wendy, I am so glad to hear that Jack came through the surgery well! Just know that the hard part is over and soon enough he'll get better and stronger and be back on his feet in no time. And yes, you might want to check what they are giving him--he's not necessarily hallucinating, he's just doped to the gills. But they have to keep him sedated (and calm) to let the heart muscles begin the healing process. That's kind of normal.

Big hugs to you and Brooke and William and prayers continue for all of you. Take care of yourself and stay warm!

Your friend,
Nancy

Aunt Kathy said...

Of course you are tired. That's the emotions and stress. Rest while you are visiting Jack, you don't have to entertain him, just being there is enough. So take a nap if you can, OK?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Nancy, it is the meds I am sure and is normal. The heart is a vital organ and it must heal. And I also agree with Aunt Kathy, you need to rest when you can and I think it is wonderful of your parents to take the kids for you. I am sure they are taking good care of their physical and mental needs. I am sure over the next week or two you will be in for a lot of strange and surprising events.