Today was a good day. Of course it was tiring, since I spent the whole day at the hospital with Jack. I got there at 11:30 and did not leave until 8:00
He is now in the Heart Unit which is the next step before release. They are talking maybe Sunday for release.
He did lose one tooth. It just fell out, root and all. The nurses are worried about infection, so they will bring it to the attention of the surgeon, tomorrow, it was found after he did his rounds this morning.
Tomorrow the kids can go see him and are very excited. I am happy for this point, but also feeling a little upset, because now that he is not in CCU and the kids can see him, I have no one to watch them...So I can not take them up there for the day, that is just not fair to them or Jack....I had hoped that I could take them up there for an hour or two, and then bring them back to my moms and go back up there...But that will not happen. I feel really bad, because no one else will be visiting him...His sister did call today, but otherwise there was no other calls, not even to me to see how he was doing...No one else came to visit and probably will not....I guess maybe I will take the kids, come home for awhile, then go back up there....I can not leave him alone the whole day with out someone seeing him...That is just not right....
I will take a few dollars and take the kids to the dollar store to buy him 3 balloons...that way he will at least have something to look at and be reminded that WE care....
I am going to try to go to sleep....I need a week of sleep.....I wonder if I can put in an order for that....probably not...
8 comments:
Well then Wendy...I guess you are going to have to print off all these comments and read them to Jack. Nobody else may be caring, but we sure do.!!! It's all going to work itself out.
Hey, tell me about the pay to post thing sometime, would you? you know my email, right?
Wendy, Tell Jack about your groups and tell him about all the people asking about him, He is SO NOT alone, We all care and are praying for him, he needs some rest and the doctors will be getting him up and walking him and all types of stuff. And you need to get the house ready for him to come home, Once he is there again you will have a lot to do so try to get the cleaning and stuff done now so you can sit with him once he is home. He will understand. Glad all is going good and it will get better. Bruce and I have no one except each other and that is fine, No one ever came to help us out when we took care of my mom , 15 years, and it make you stronger. Some day I will tell you all about that but not now. We love you both and it will all be fine. Love DonnaH
I don't know his family, but sometimes folks think they should stay away not to cause infection, esp. in a heart patient. They could certainly call though. Please let Jack know I have been praying for both of you. My dog got me up FOUR times last night and each time I said a prayer for the both of you. I guess God felt you needed more prayers and nudged my dog. LOL I will keep praying, and you keep holding on. Just do what you can do. No one can ask more. Give Jack a hug for me - if you can't hug him just squeeze his hand and tell him it's from your crochet friends.
Wendy, Donnah has is right. Jack does need to sleep. I believe he would understand a few calls during the day because today is Friday and he may be coming home Sunday. He doesn't want to see chaos when he gets home, I am sure. So tell him that you are going to take a day and get ready for him to come home.
And yes I agree that you should print these comments out so that he can see that there are lots who care who he doesn't even know. Tell him your FL friend is sending a big tender hug and that he will be home in no time. The best is yet to come
Much love
Diane
At the risk of sounding like a broken record I 100% agree. He does not need someone there all day. Speaking form someone who just had major surgery, I actually liked the quiet times during the day when no one called or came so I could just rest. Bring the kids and the balloons and love on him for a bit, then go home and stay there. you can call later in the night and you can all talk to him.
Awesome Sunday might be the day he comes home to start his new life. Things are going to be great.
I do hope and pray that Jack gets well enough to come home soon.
You need to take care of you and the children too. Visit as you can and let the hospital take care of Jack when you can't. If you get worn out before he gets home, you won't be a good help when he does.
I do want to offer a word of caution on the balloons. You may want to check with the hospital about the balloons. Our hospital does not allow them, apparently due to latex allergies. I would hate to see the children disappointed. :(
My hubby was just in the hospital too on Thanksgiving day and no one but us visited him either. I know the way you must feel for him. It is sad. And since you don't have a baby sitter any more then I am sure he will understand if you can't visit for a long period of time. Just know that he is in good hands and you can at least call him and visit for short periods. Often you will find that when you are ill like he is that you really don't want a lot of visitors anyway. I know I felt that way. At times, with all the poking and prodding from the staff you just want to be left alone to rest. I am sure you two can talk it out and see how he feels. My thoughts are still with you.
Post a Comment