I am sitting here next to Jack. He is snoozing, until lunch and the kids are coloring. I packed sandwiches for us to have lunch with daddy. He can use the lap top here on this floor, but said that he will probably not feel like it, so I will do what I want and need to do.
They are talking that maybe Monday he can come home. They have to regulate his blood thinners, also they took a chest X-ray this morning and they will have the results of that tomorrow...They want to check on his lungs and also to make sure everything is healing OK....
They just came in to put in an IV, so that they can take out his central line in his chest.
You know the thing with me losing the Internet is not so much not being able to get online, but also the fact that now I have lost the only means of any kind of money coming into the house. I had to close the Etsy shop with not knowing when and if I will be able to get online....and can not take the chance of someone wanting something, and I do not know about it for days....that does not make for happy customers.
Jack is doing very very well, he is now able to get up and go to the bathroom by himself, they would not let him until now. He took a nice long walk this morning without the assistance of a walker. He can not go for a walk unless a nurse or aid are with him, because he is hooked up to the pacer, still, and that way if something happens, they can immediately take care of it.
They have him on fluid restrictions because he is so swollen from fluid retention. they have to keep track of all that goes in and all that comes out. He is so swollen right now that the lady is having a hard time putting in the IV.
The kids are being soooooo good. We will get out of here earlier today, and I will go home and do some of the work that I did not do yesterday, and also fix a GOOD dinner for us. It has been basically soup for me, and then last night it was some noodles with butter and cheese sprinkled on it, and green beans...Tonight I think I will fix some spaghetti, the kids like it, and it is easy...
I guess I will get off here for now, maybe I will get on here before I leave, which will be about 1:00...2 hours here is more than enough time with the kids.
Hope you are all doing well, and to my friends in the north east I pray you are all safe and warm...
Oh before I forget........I only have 6 more rows to do on the knitted cloth from Kathy.....I worked on it some before I came here, but did not bring it, because I have the kids, otherwise I would sit here while Jack is napping and work on it....
5 comments:
I had a post started and lost it when I tried to edit it. It was good to hear from you and about Jack's progress.
You know Wendy I am sure someone can check your ETSY store for you and let you know if anything sells and the details. I could do it for you if you want. Until you get your computer up and running again. Just let me know OK?
Oh and I can;t wait to see the finished cloth. i still haven't test knit one either and I need a picture to add the pattern to Ravelry and my blog.
Other than you computer problems sounds like things are moving along nicely with the healing process. Enjoy your weekend since things may get a bit hectic again after Monday.
Glad to hear Jack is doing so well. I know it must have eased the children's minds to see him and know he is okay. You are so good with them. Prayers still going up for all of you.
Love your love cloth. Will you be sharing your pattern?
Sorry to hear about Jack, and completely understand your frustration. All I've been through lately with hospitals, doctors, rehab and my mom I completely relate. Though in the case of waiting to do the chest x-ray, they want to give the Lasix time to take care of the fluid before doing another film.
Hang in there, be thinnking of you both and hoping things improve SOON.
Stop in for a visit, I left the light on for ya.
Sandy
Post a Comment