Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hello....

A real quick update, then I am off to bed........I am exhausted after only 2 hours sleep, and 12 hours at the hospital......
I am home, Jack is still in the hospital....I am headed back there at 5:00a.m.........Surgery is AGAIN scheduled for 8:00 a.m......

Now a little down play of the day, Arrived at the hospital at 5:30 a.m... they took him right back to prep him, and we were both under the understanding that I would be with him, once they place all the IV's (4) and the central monitoring line....BUT no, instead, I got to go back at 7:50 a.m. for exactly 5 minutes, before they took him...SO I go back to the waiting room, my dad and SIL show up and we talk....AT exactly 9:00a.m. I got beeped (they have little beepers to carry so they can let you know they need to talk to you, no matter where you are in the hospital)...
SO after being told like 10 times that "No news is good news" I was scared to death......My heart was pounding my palms were sweaty, And I wanted to cry....to make matters worse I hear a doctor talking about Jack's surgeon and saying he had an emergency.....I about passed out on the floor then....I get in the Liaison's room and they tell me right away (I must have looked panicked) that everything is alright there is no problem....BUT a man came in and had a torn aorta and Jack's surgery is CANCELED not postponed til later but canceled til tomorrow...Not sure when at the time...Then they inform me that he was on the table, intubated BUT they did not start...(Which is not true, they did cut into his leg for the bypass vein, but did not take any)
They told me they were waking him up, and he would be in recovery and they had no bed for him in CCU....I was not very happy, I did not get to see him til 11:30 a.m. and only for 3 minutes. I was quite upset that because they did not have a bed for him, that he had to stay there, which meant I could only see him for 5 minutes every hour....after 2 more visits of this and he is awake, and thirsty and hungry, I asked "WHY" why could they not move him to POST OP, so that I could sit with him (by then everyone had left me by myself).... FINALLY they thought about it and could see no problem with that...they gave him some water and got him a tray of food. They were keeping him drugged, because of all he was still hooked up to...I finally left at 6, when they got him a bed in CCU......I came home and stooped to see the munchkins for an hour, then came home, and very very shortly I will be going to bed...

I also found out that they have free wireless, so I will be taking the laptop with me tomorrow....so I will hopefully be able to update everyone, and also keep my mind occupied even more than just with crocheting....


Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't..............

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a long exhausting day. It is so hard to wait when you don't know what is happening but poor Jack to have to go through it all over again tomorrow and to be in pain tonight with his leg and still not have anything done yet. But the other guy must of been really bad for them to push Jack aside. My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I hope and am praying that all goes well today. Linda

Aunt Kathy said...

You're probably on the way to the hospital if not there already. Today is going to be a great day. I hope your Dad and SIL can come again. I was glad to see they were there yesterday.

I'll be home if you need me.