I made it to the hospital with 2o minutes to see Jack before they took him to surgery...
I was suppose to be here at 6 but did not even get out of the driveway until 5:55....
I woke up, got busy and ready, got my coffee and headed out the door. I then found we had 3 inches of snow, and that fell on top of the ICE that was on the roads...I could not get in the car, it was frozen shut...I finally got in there, started it, scraped the ice.....and got going....
The roads were solid ICE, even the freeway (I-69)......we did only 35 on the freeway... I called the hospital to let them know to PLEASE tell Jack I would be there, then I called my dad to tell him the road situation, and also talked to Michelle, Jack's sister, she was having a slow go also....
I figured I would update you all and as you can see I did remember to bring the laptop, and I can use it......
I want to thank Katie so very very much for updating for me yesterday...
The emergency case that took Jack's place, was a 49 yr old man and the surgeon worked on him for over 8 hours, but God decided it was his time and he did not make it...SO please say a little prayer for the family that they may find peace...I know I am praying for them....I know God does things for a reason and even a couple of nurses that worked with Jack, before they took him to surgery, yesterday....came and talked to him this morning, and said things happen for a reason, and there was a reason he did not have his surgery yesterday.... I am much more relaxed today, I got a good night sleep, because I did not have him at home to worry about, he was in good hands and very well monitored.....
Thank you all again for all the thoughts, prayers and support...........
I am sending BIG hugs......
2 comments:
Wow what a start to such an important day. I am sorry it was so rough getting going this morning. But as you say all things happen for a reason. It is nice that they stopped to explain what happened yesterday. That is not always the case. Praying for a successful surgery today.
I had a feeling the other guy wasn't going to make it. I have already added them to my prayer list. I am glad you made it there in time to see Jack.
Post a Comment