Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Another project done






I got the winter set done last night. I am very pleased with it....and have more than enough yarn to make 3 more...but I do not think I will be making any, at least not for awhile. I have to get my kids afghans started at least.






I used Bernat Baby boucle and a strand of polyester thread and a size "J" hook. I had to use the thread, because I could not see my stitches other wise. With the thread it let me see them.






This is my first pair of mittens. Crazy, been crocheting for about 32 yrs and have never made them before. I think I will make more in my lifetime. Try different patterns and such. I used a toddler size for these, since I used such a big hook. The set is for a 4 yr old, and it fits Brooke very well.






Hope you are all having a great day....






4 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Wow Wendy, what a cute winter set

SimplyMe said...

I'm in love. I didn't think that yarn would work up nice. Great way to prove me wrong!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I am late, but sis and I were talking about this set. We think it is so sweet and love the color.

ziarah said...

Really cute - looks comfortable too!