How was your Thanksgiving? I had a wonderful day, I may have been TIRED when it was all done, but it was a great day, got to see family we have not seen in awhile, had good conversation, lots of food, and some good laughs....
We had Jack' sister Michelle and her fiance Bob, our niece Jennie and her daughter Breanna, our nephew Justin and his girlfriend Julie and then the 4 of us.
I was thinking of something Jennie said to me one day, she says "Aunt Wendy, it is people like you, who have nothing, yet give all the time, that will go to Heaven"..... You know though, what I do I do not do for that reason. I do it all because it is what brings me joy...to be able to give back even if just a little, for what I have been given....
I received a box of yarn today, oh it has some beautiful stuff in it, and I can just see the baby hats, and maybe even booties, I can make out of it. Of course it will be after the first of the year, before I get back to the charity crafting. I am focusing on items for Etsy (to bring in some money) and also I still have a few Christmas presents for the kids to make and their afghans to join..... They may just be getting some air beds for Christmas, and it would be so wonderful if they do, then they will have something to put their afghans on, and not just the floor, or my bed.
Jack is doing good, he has a couple of episodes of pains, but he has sat down, and they have passed. I am doing much better, I think the stitches may have been giving me some grief, still having a sinus problem, but have been taking some antihistamine/decongestant medicine, and that seems to be helping. The dentist did say that everything looked good, and I have another appointment on Friday 12-5 to get some more teeth pulled. We shall see if it is 2 or 3 this time.
I have been sitting most of the day just crocheting, and boy do I really want a nap, but it is too late now, so I guess it will be an early night for me again.
Hope you all had a wonderful day................
3 comments:
Glad to hear the news about Jack. I think we were all exhausted after yesterday. I love to get packages and sis sure fulfills that need. I feel like it is a giving holiday all the time. So I do know the joy a package can be.
wow. You're on a regular sleeping schedule. WTG.
Glad his pains have passed.....and that yours is being eased by the meds. Will pray for the next appt. Hang in there.
Sounds like a wonderful day. I'll be thinking of you on Friday.
Post a Comment