Go check out JillyBean at The Post-It Place, she has 2 (yes I said 2) giveaways going on right now. The first is for some Cinnamon Burst room deodorizer and ends on the 8th and the second is for 2 (Yes the 2 again) knife's. and ends on the 9th.
Besides the giveaways she has been posting some wonderful recipes. Her latest is for a Milkyway cake that I have got to try.....MMmmm sounds so dang good about now...
NOW for a William update. We ended up at the ER about 7 p.m.. and I tell you I am so very glad that someone talked me into going then and not waiting. He was dehydrated, and if I had waited it would have been much worse, and I may still be at the hospital. They gave him IV fluids, ran blood work, urine, and chest xray, and everything came back good. There was a little cloudiness in the lower part of his right lung, but it is not pneumonia (but may be a start) They gave him some IV antibiotics also, and we did get his temp down to 100 with the introduction of fluids. Of course now that we are home and it is 1:30 a.m. his temps is climbing right back up. I gave him some Motrin in a little bit of 7up so I am hoping it brings it down some. The high temp is what is causing the dehydration and the dehydration is what is causing the high temp...It is crazy.....I may not be getting such a good night sleep again tonight. It is hard to sleep next to a little oven and being so worried about him as you feel the heat from across the bed.
I think I will go get me something to drink and try to get a little rest.....
Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't.................
3 comments:
So sorry to hear William is sick. My own kids always ran a high fever when sick so I feel your pain. It is hard to get it to stay down. Try to encourage him to take fluids, even if just a sip or two every 15 minutes or so (7 up or Sprite is wonderful for this). Good luck! I hope things get better soon.
Wendy, I am so sorry to hear William is sick. To break the fever, fill your bathtub with lukewarm water and pour about half a bottle of rubbing alcohol into the bath. Then soak William and use a washcloth to bathe him in the water. The alcohol will open his pores and will snap the fever.
I did this when I had the flu and was so feverish (and dehydrating) that my kidneys shut down. If the alcohol bath hadn't of worked, I would have been hospitalized. But it worked. Please give it a try and let me know how he's doing. I'll keep him and all of you in my prayers.
Kids being sick is never easy or fun. Glad to hear he's doing better. They do seem to bounce back a lot better than we adults do. Take care of both of you. Good luck at the sale.
Sandy
Post a Comment