Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Discouraged

I am so very discouraged today. The craft sale was not at all what was to be expected. First instead of us being INSIDE of the township hall, we were placed in the fire station. Cement floors, very cool temps and breeze with both bay doors open, made for a very very uncomfortable time. We froze our a**es off. We had on our winter coats and still froze. When we went to leave for the sale, we had to scrap the very heavy frost off the windows, so that is how cold it was and I swear that is what it was in the fire station the whole time. To top off the very uncomfortable conditions I sold only one item, a hat, for $6.00. I can tell you that I WILL NOT ever go back to that craft sale, even if they were to give me the table for free....

Later I will be taking pictures of all of my items, if I do not already have them, and then get them placed on Etsy, maybe, just maybe I will have better luck on there.

Brooke has decided that since William is feeling better that it is now her turn to get sick. The poor child is throwing up and has only a slight temp. SO I am leaving the temp alone to do it's job of fighting off whatever bug she has, and giving her lots of cuddles and Popsicle's. I guess I will not be doing any crocheting for a couple of days again, even though she is not as clingy as William, I would just not feel right to not give her the cuddles and attention she needs, when she wants them. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, as they say. William got all my attention and so will Brooke.

The kids have had some very generous and beautiful gifts sent to them in the past couple of days from all over the US. Brooke has received a shawl made especially for her from a patterns she loved and made in her size knitted and William received a gorgeous knitted scarf and hat from South Carolina. They also each received a beautiful crocheted teddy bear, some beany toys and drawing boards from Alabama, Each a very nice and soft fleece scarf made especially for them, hers with Barbi and his with cars, they came all the way from Washington. Then today Brooke received a very heavy and generously filled box of clothes all the way from Georgia. Then they both received a Halloween coloring book from the New Jersey Fairy. I just can not begin to think of the words to thank these people so very much from the top to the bottom of my heart for thinking of my kids.

I am going to hit post of here and go back to the couch and cuddle with my little girl, and maybe in the process I can steal a little of her extra body heat. I am still so very chilled to the bone and here it is 4 hours after the sale. At least my toes are not cramping anymore from being so dang cold....

Hope you are all staying warm and safe and enjoying your weekend....................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry things did not turn out well and that Brooke is now not feeling well but when you have two it usually runs the gamet. Even if you have more than two so be grateful you only have two. Hope she gets well quick.

Katie O said...

Well, that just sucks... boo hiss. No rush on the stuff back. I know where to find it:) Hope you warm up and get some good snuggle time:)