Today I had Williams IEP. He tested at 17 months Receptive (comprehension) and 11 months Expressive (speech) We have decided that with the lack of transportation that we will start at one day a week at 30-40 minutes a session. If within 2 months we do not see a difference we will go 2 days a week at 30-40 minutes a session.
I also got a call from the neurologist about Williams test results. The EEG came back normal, and the MRI came back at normal limits, with the exception of Excessive Cerebral Spinal Fluid. The stupid coordinator told me that the doctor would be looking over the MRI films himself, and that The excessive fluid would not cause his episodes....OK but it is not NORMAL, so now we need to figure out what has caused it, and what it may be causing....I did not get anywhere with her about that, only that the doctor wants to see him in January, UNLESS he gets worse. Well I decided I was not satisfied with that so I made an appointment for Saturday morning to discuss this matter with the Pediatrician to determine what our next line of action will be.
Brooke had another great day at school, and met a new friend. Funny thing is this new friend lives across the street and has even before we moved in. She is in the State Preschool Program and rides the same bus home as the head start children. She did not ride the bus yesterday so we had no idea. Tomorrow her mother and I will meet up outside while waiting for the girls to get home and talk. Funny neither one of us new that there was another little girl in the direct area.
Well Jack just got home from work and I guess I should get dinner on. I am still having trouble with the new schedule, even though I have been going to bed earlier, I do not sleep well, so I am just drained by this time of the day, some food should help and maybe I will feel up to taking the kids outside, after dinner..
Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't..........
4 comments:
Well that's good news about the test, and I know the reason for these episodes will be discovered. It's always good to rule something out though.
How exciting a friend right across the street, it's all begins now Wendy... when the kids start making friends that is... hold onto your knitting needles and crochet hooks it's gonna be a fun ride.
You go Momma!!! Grab them by their ears (the docs) and make them help you. WTG!!!! BTW - I'm proud of you. Are you going to be able to stay for the speech sessions? Most of our progress happend at home. Aiiiyah. To this DAY I find myself "working" on people and their speech. Scary. Very scary! LOL
How wonderful that Brooke found a new friend. Very fun for everyone.
Enjoy your dinner and have a great evening!
High Fives to you for not letting them put you off until January! You did the right thing. Glad the tests were normal otherwise.
That's awesome about Brooke's new friend...even better that she lives across the street.
Hugs!
It must be a relief to finally have the news you have been waiting for and it sounds like you have worked out a great plan for everything.
Post a Comment