You know being a mother has taught me so much. Not only about raising kids but also on how many things you need to know about and watch out for. For their safety and well being.
One of the things that I never really thought about until I had kids, and especially a daughter was sex offenders. I check out the web sites dedicated to sex offender registries all the time. Did you know that Michigan ranks 3rd in the US per capita? I did not know that, til I checked out the Michigan Sex Offenders website. You can locate offenders within your county, city or zip code. You can get alerts from them about sex offenders in your area, they will even send you a Child ID kit.
It is just so amazing how you can never tell an offender by looking at them. The sex offender registries are so needed for us as parents to be able to help keep our children safe. Not saying that they are the cure all, but well worth the time it take to check them out.
4 comments:
This is good information to know if you have kids. I check it out occasionally myself just to be sure.
One of the more serious worries about being a parent.
Hugs!
I don't have any young kids at home now but have been to this site before and we do have one living in the same trailer park we live in and I am glad we don't have any young kids living at home.
As usual you are on top of the important things.
It's a sad day for society when we even have to have this kinds of websites.........and it's spooky knowing that there are three (yes, THREE) in the neighborhood where I live and two in my mother's neighborhood. Hug your babies for me.
Post a Comment