



Could not think of a title for today's post, so it is just Tuesday.
Today was William's first speech session, at first he was not wanting to do anything but hide behind me, but that is to be expected, and today and the next few times will be to get him to want to go and to get comfortable with the therapist (Heather)...The best part of who his therapist is, is that she has a son just a couple of months younger than William.
I did get some pictures taken of the items I have finished. I actually remembered that I still had 5 ten inch afghan squares to make, so I did them last night and this morning. Now to hopefully get them in the mail this week. I forgot to count how many I have received, I am to get 24 and make one for myself, then I can join my "Friendship" afghan. Of course as usual that will be put on hold, til I get the sale items done, and finish the kids afghans.
I think I have found a new yarn to love working with. Red Heart Plush. It is so dang soft and looks so very nice when done. It would make wonderful baby items, hats, scarves, afghans shawls, about anything.
Brooke had a choice today, to either ride the bus home or be picked up, and she chose to ride the bus home. She is just growing up so fast. I miss my baby girl, but am so proud of her and how grown up she can be. We do have our days were she goes through the throwing fits, whining, and general little girl stuff, but we can handle them. She just needs to get it through her head that crying because she did not get her way or what she wants just does not go with mom. In fact it just makes the momma a little ticked, then I want to give her a reason to cry. I do catch myself though, before doing so, especially after she talked to the Marie about her momma spanking her when she cries. Thank goodness Marie knows me well enough and knew what the case was. She talked to Brooke and told her that momma loves her and that I just get a little upset when she cries because of her not getting what she wants. She got Brooke to think about it, and so we do not have too many episodes, anymore. Mostly when the child is tired. SO now I THINK and remember that she is just a little girl, and that sometimes she just has no other way of expressing herself.
I think it is just a little bit funny, with both the kids and their speech problems, one of the things they model for you to do is to give your child the words needed, for instance naming a color or object that they are pointing at. Today at William's session I kept doing that, at the same time Heather was, I would apologize and she would say No that is what you are suppose to do. I told her I think it is funny because it is something I have always done with both and yet they still have speech problems. I guess it was just meant to be no matter what I did or not do as a mother. Maybe there is a reason for it all that I am not seeing or understanding. Could it be that maybe it is something I myself am suppose to be doing with my life? Could it be that I am suppose to be the therapist? I have always had a special place in my heart for children with special needs, and was going somewhere with it, but ran out of money and resources to be able to do so. Am I to continue with it? Of course that would be impossible to do at the moment, but maybe when both kids are settled into full time school that is something I should think about.
Little man needs some lunch and Brooke will be home in half and hour, so I guess I better get off here and get my butt in gear.....
Have a great day...........Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't................
2 comments:
Don't worry...he'll catch on. For a long while after we first started speech, I would have sworn we were getting nowhere. It just takes them a while to get in their groove.
Brooke is a big girl now. You should be proud of her being confident enough to want to ride the bus.
Hugs!
Hopefully Brooke won't be like Jelly Bean. She is a very emotional person. She's 13 and still cries if someone says something to "hurt" her feelings.
She is a big girl. Be proud of her.
{{{HUGS}}}
Post a Comment