Yesterday I was feeling a tad bit better. Since mommy's do not get to take a sick day and I still had kids, house and such to take care of there was no extra rest for the weary. Friday night I went to bed about 9:30 and woke up at 11:30, that was the start of an all niter of every 2 hours waking up, have no idea why except maybe it was the NyQuil liquid caps I took, which do not like me, but sure knock me out at first.
Yesterday I managed to do 3 loads of laundry (still need to fold and put them away) cleaned up the kids room, the living room and kitchen, and cooked dinner. I went outside at one point, with the dog, and started to pick up the pears that are covering the ground, managed to do half, and had to come in and use my inhaler.
I finished the Mesh Market Bag in shades of green (the other day) and finished the 10 dishcloths to go with the towels. I also made a Very bright pink stuffed pig. I have to assemble it and then on to something else. I will try to get some pictures taken and posted, later of the finished articles.
This morning I have 3 kids to get motivated and dressed, fed and out the door by 8, and here it is 7:30 already.
William has been a little stink pot when it comes to taking his medicine, it must be some nasty stuff, (Omnicef) He spits over half of it out...2 days now and only half of the meds he is suppose to have had made it through his system. I think I may try adding some orange food coloring to it and see if that tricks him into thinking it is the Motrin, that he does not mind taking. I told him that if he did not start taking his medicine that we were going to have to go back to the doctors, and he was going to get shot. Maybe that will even keep him from spitting it out, (Yea sure, ha ha on me)
Back to the making of craft sale items, I now have 5 dishtowel sets w/cloths, 10 kitchen sponges, 4 stuffed animals, 4 hats, 2 mesh market bags, 2 incredible ribbon bags, 1 felted purse, 1 other crocheted purse, 2 scarves, and I believe some baby hats. SO now what am I going to make, should I make some more hats and scarves, or should I make some more animals. I just can not decide what I want to do next, I should probably make some more felted bags, they should bring in some money. Then again I found some patterns for Bath Sets, maybe I should make some of those, they would make great Christmas presents. I only have 2 weeks to get some more stuff done, and need to figure out what will sell and get busy....
I guess I am going to have to get some kids moving, they are not getting dressed and I really really hate rushing.
Hope you all have a wonderful day.............
4 comments:
I always hated trying to get kids to take medicine. I felt like a monster, but you know they forget fast.
Hope everyone got off to school ok. I remember rushing around in the mornings too.
I am off to the pool, seems weird because it's freezing here, we really had frost today.
Glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Sounds like you have lots of goodies for the craft fair. I think scarves would sell quite well in your area since winter is just around the corner. Maybe make a bunch of them . It sure sounds like you have a good variety of items and that is important.
*hugs and prayers*
I noticed that at some of the pharmacies you can have flavorings put in kids' liquid meds. I thought it was cool; too late for my kids but maybe you could have some added to William's. When Kat was little, she used to fight her meds too. We got into sort of a game where I would give her something she really liked to drink in a special glass to drink as soon as the meds went down. We called it her "chaser". If something was yucky, she would scream "Mommy, I need a chaser"! I would be sure to have it ready to swallow as soon as the yucky meds went down next time!!
Good Luck!
Love,
Suz
Love Wins
I don't miss the days of trying to them to take yucky meds. Good luck.
I feel your pain with the rushing around...still haven't gotten that one figured out yet either.
Hugs!
Post a Comment