Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Shame on me (again)



Well I have gone and done it again......I have NOT finished the last bag. I have made great progress, but I think I went a little overboard with the size of it....and I had other things I really really wanted to do...


You see I received a box of red and maroon yarn yesterday, so that I could make some more red scarves.....AND that yarn was just sitting there staring at me, calling my name....Wendy...please pick me up, please, I know if you pick me up you will not put me back down til I am a scarf....SO I pick it up, yes, but not to crochet a scarf, but to move it into the bedroom, BIG mistake, because I did pull out a skein, and I did put the bag back in the basket, and I did start a scarf...I was only going to do some then put it in the basket and resume the bag........BUT I still have it, and the bag still sits...I am just about done with the scarf, and I will pick the bag up, later..and I will finish it, just not when I had set my goal to....


I just have this thing about giving instead of receiving, and the bag at the moment. in my mind is receiving, since it was purchased, and the scarf is the giving, since it is to be given to someone.


I KNOW I will not make any money this way...and that I REALLY need to make some money....BUT when I picked up my crocheting, a little over a year ago, after not doing any for so long, it was because I had a little inner voice talking to me, and I NEED to use my God given gift to help others....


the scarf will be done in a while, it would have been done, but had to get up and finishing cleaning the house, then Brooke's teacher was here for an hour for paperwork for Head Start, then I had to go grocery shopping...so it too got laid down for awhile.


NOW for some results........


William's blood work has came back....AND Praise GOD it all came back NORMAL....there is NO genetic abnormalities what so ever....That was the best news I could get....


Jack saw the doctor today, and he said he has a rare form of Colitis..He was given medication. He has to take 3 pills every morning for 8 weeks, then the doctor wants to see him again, to see if it has helped.


I picked up stuff for Taco's for supper, I wanted them yesterday, BUT I did not go to the store. SO today it is....In fact yesterday neither the kids nor I got dressed all day. I did take a nice long soak in the tub after they went to bed, and put clean jammies on...


Tomorrow I will be picking up a bushel of tomatoes and going to my moms to can them, she has so much more room than I do for stuff like that, and her stove is right by the sink, so it makes it easier for the peeling process.


It is just about time to get dinner going, so I guess I should get the pictures on here and then get busy, so that I can finish the scarf, then get back to the bag...


Hope you all have had a wonderful day............

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh......... I am soooooooo with you. I have 2 ghans started I could be working on, I just finished one red scarf for The Red Scarf Project, and started another...got new yarn in the mail today, so what could I do; it's not like it's my fault...you know how pushy some yarn can be. lol

Thanks for the info on the hat project. I saved the link and will get to that eventually too.

No shame, it's a disease...so many of us have it and it is not curable.

Hugs
Sandy

Sandy said...

Gees.........forgot, glad to hear you got news on the test results.

Sandy

Lil Knitter said...

Yay for William's test results. I sure hope the meds do the trick for Jack.
Shame on you! :P
But really, you work so fast..you'll be back on track in no time.
Hugs!

Aunt Kathy said...

Woo Hoo on the results. I am so happy to hear that

~RaenWa~ said...

Congratualtions on the good news with the test results. I can't wait to see your scarf when its done. I agree with you I love giving my knitting to people I have yet to knit anything for myself yet.