Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Friday, September 5, 2008

Multi thoughts all in one....







This is going to be a post on various things, because I have been busy busy, and still busy and figured I would kill more than one bird with one stone (not for real..)






Second scarf for the Red Scarf Project.........




Never enough.........



Why does it seem that there is never enough time in the day, or never enough money, or never enough hands, or never enough teamwork..



I have so many things to do and want to do and need to do, and I just keep seeming to add more on.....there is just not enough of me or time....



I have still to finish the bag...(I know I am being very very bad...) BUT I did get the 2 hats to Georgia and they were well received. I did get the second red scarf done, and will not be doing anymore til, I get the bag done, and get some stuff made to sell, OH and make the second of 2 hats that were ordered. AND I still have Black Cherry to finish for myself, and The kids afghans, and NOW I have gone and done it again, and am making a bunch of red preemie hats....THEN there is the canning, I did get 35 pints of tomatoes canned with my mom, BUT still have jam to make.



I really just need to clone myself..one of me for only crafting, then one of me for everything else, plus the crafting...PLUS maybe add on a few more hours to the day, lets say make it 30 hours instead of 24...



SO I am over extending myself and my hands are screaming at me as proof.







Contest.............



There is a contest going on over at Jillybeans She is giving away a beautiful hand made bracelet, why don't you go on over there and check it out...Never know if you could win if you do not try...







What have I learned...........



I was tagged by my friend, Jyl to write a meaningful post about motherhood.




What to do: share with us and your readers a lesson that you learned from your own mom, a special mom in your life, or while raising your own children. There’s no right or wrong answers…just lessons that each of us can learn and implement with our own children.Link your post back to this one, leave a comment below so we can visit and learn from you, and then tag 2-3 other moms to participate.





NOW this has given me some grief...NOT that I have not thought of all kinds of things to share, but that to get them thoughts from my brain to my fingers has been difficult.



I of course am going to write about what I have learned from being a mom...

I have learned that no 2 children are alike. Children learn at their own paces and think their own thoughts. What may work for one, will not necessarily work for the other.



Because children are different makes them special in their own way. I love both of my children and their different personalities. Their likes and dislikes.



I learned from my mother that no matter what you always will love your children, no matter what heartache they may cause or what they may do with their life...The love for a child is never ending, and totally unconditional..



I learned that my children have a voice, no matter how small they may be, and even if at times that voice may get them into trouble with momma, it is still there and I hope that they always speak their mind. I want my children to not be the person hiding in the corner but the one to be in the front of the crowd. I want them to be the ones making great history, not just reading about it. They will always be guided to use their voice and let their opinion and views be known, no matter what others think.



Another thing that I have learned about by being a mom, is that Children DO learn what they live. And my only wish as a mother is that I have shown them how to be great productive and loving individuals. To want to set standards and to follow through on a task. To help others in need and not think twice about what someone else may say.



As a mother and from childhood I also learned that you never make a promise to a child, because promises are made to be broken. You just follow through with what you have said.



I have learned so much by being a mom, and I could probably go on for days, as it comes from my brain to my fingers. BUT the one last thing I would like to say that I have learned about being a mom, is that I LOVE my children and that love would never die, and I would not change a single moment since they made entry into this world...I plan on cherishing every moment of every day, and there can NEVER be enough pictures and memories....



I tag Shelly , Kathy and Mel ........................

4 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Wendy, that was amazingly beautiful!

Now, feel free to tag those that I would have tagged. Grrrrrr. I'll sleep and think on that one, so I can even make my answer worthy (somewhat) of the question. See, my mind is spinning already. Ugh. Go ahead, MAKE me be sappy! NO TIME FOR MIST!

WTG on the tomatos. Jam will happen and we both know it. Congrats on the sales, great job on teh scarf, and I'm sure the hats are awesome. Woman, you are amazing. Don't let the waves scare ya.

MUAH!

me

Lil Knitter said...

Well said. That was awesome! I totally agree with the things you've said.

I'll have to put some serious thought into this one. I hope I can do half as well as you.

Hugs!

Aunt Kathy said...

Ditto... sometime today I will see what thoughts come from my experiences.

Have a great day... Mom Wendy

Sandy said...

Love the red scarf, what stitch did you use?

Thanks for the info and link on the hat project. I saved it so I can get back and read all about it. Got it on my list of things to do. Like you the list keeps growing. Mark one item off and add 2 or 3. Errrrrrr Need more time.

Canning, haven't done that in ages though always enjoyed it, very satisfying it is hard work. And hot work too! I no longer garden...flowers only now, no veggies.

Not sure my brain can come up with what I've learned from my mother or from being a mother and make one meaningful post.

Have a great week, and remember to sneak a minute or two for yourself.

Sandy