Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Friday, September 12, 2008

Financial Nightmare






I have had my fair share of financial problems. I guess you could say it started before I even met my husband. I got use to the idea of credit cards and buying stuff on credit. Hey I had a job, so I could pay my bills, that was all that matters, is what I thought. Wrong.






Then our financial nightmares started as a couple. I got a job, after we moved in together, and we decided it was time to get married. After being married about 7 months we decided we could afford a house, and end the apartment life, since we did want to start a family. We started house hunting, and found what we thought was the perfect home. We did all the necessary paperwork and such to get the finances, and we got approved. Oh the feeling of buying your own home, it was wonderful. That is it was up til the day before we were to move into our home and my company decided to let me go. They informed me that they waited til we were approved for the house. Wait a minute people, and how am I do pay for this home with only one income. We did manage, barely at times, there were times it was pay the bills or put food on the table but we managed. I finally did manage to get another job, and things were going very well. I got pregnant, after 2 yrs of trying and we were very happy in our life.






Two weeks before I was due to deliver, the company I worked for decided that my position was no longer needed. NOT AGAIN... is all I could think. Here we have a baby on the way, we still have things that are needed, and we are back down to one income. At that time I should have sought help with our finances, even though we did not have a lot of bills, I still needed to learn how to manage our budget and make ends meet.






After several years of struggling and careless spending and another baby, we were finally to the point of no return. We were getting foreclosed on, our vehicle was due for repossesion and now my husband was without employment. We packed our belongings, and moved into my parents home.






We did the only thing that we could do to try to make a fresh start, we filed for bankruptcy. We now have that fresh start and hopefully we have both learned from our past mistakes, and will seek help when it is time to find a new home. BillsIQ will be a source of information and help that I will be seeking, when the that time comes. They can help us improve our financial score, give us tips on finacial health, and hopefully we will learn to not suffer our finacial nightmares over again.





No comments: