Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday evening..........

I took William to the doctors yesterday, for his recheck on his ear, and his ear is fine, so it was just the infection was bad enough that no sound waves were bouncing off the eardrum.

Brooke and William have an eye appointment on Thursday, with the eye muscle specialist. So we shall see what he has to say about their eyes.

I did finish the chemo hats, and they will be put in the mail tomorrow, never made it out today, in fact the only time I have went outside, is to take Benji potty. I do not know why I have not wanted to go out, it has been a beautiful day, fall like.





I mailed out a box of cloths with the shawl, and the 19 ten inch squares I had done. Some have already received their squares.

I made Jack a hat out of the remainder of the black cotton fleece. I did it this morning, and he has not taken it off his head. It was the first thing I have ever made him, and he really likes it. NOW I feel bad that I have made so many others stuff, and never something for him. NOW I will have to think of some more stuff to make him at some point.





I have worked on the second felted bag, just a little today. I really need to get it done and out of the way. She needs it by the 25th of September and I know I have time to do it, BUT my land lady has paid for a table for me at a local craft sale that is on Oct. 4th, and I really want and need to make stuff up for that. SO I can not and will not get busy on the sale items til I get the bag done and in the mail. I have been doing a little too much of that lately, side tracking from what I need to do, to what I want to do....

I have actually been getting some tomatoes to ripen, I have no idea how, when the plants seem to be dead. I talked with several people that have told me their tomatoes have done the same thing. I am thinking that we had to much rain. I mean I can look outside and it sure does not look like August in Michigan, we still have green grass, and normally by now the grass would have been brown from heat and lack of rain. The cucumbers are only doing so so also. I have decided that next week I will buy a bushel of tomatoes ($15) and can them, since I will not get enough of my own this year to can. I thought about getting some peaches to can, but when they said those were $22 for a half bushel, I decided against it. My garden has disappointed me so much this year, that it is in need of weeding, and I could care less. I am just so discouraged that I spent so much time into getting it ready to plant and planting it and everything to so so bad. I think that is why I have not even made my jam yet. I only got enough raspberries and blackberries for one batch of each this year, were as last year I had enough of both for 2 batches and a batch of mixed. The grapes are starting to ripen, and I will have to do them right away, I can not just throw them in the freezer, only after I make the juice can I do that. I am hoping that I will get 2 batches of those this year, I got a late start with them last year, so only one batch was made for me and one for the land lady.

I think I should get busy on the bag, so I will post this and maybe if I really get to it, the bag will be done tonight and I can felt it tomorrow...No promises, but maybe....

Hope you all had a wonderful day.........

4 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Aww....that's sweet that he hasn't taken his hat off. You definitely have to make him something else.

Hope all goes well with the appointments.

Groceries in general in getting so expensive. We've been talking about planting a garden next year. Every little bit helps

Hugs!


Hugs!

Aunt Kathy said...

We didn't plant a garden this year cause I made him put up the pool for me. Which is down now that I go to the Y. So next year we will have a garden again.

Anonymous said...

I know he must be proud to wear that hat. Sounds like life is just rolling along for you.

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Just wanted to let you know to swing by my place and visit for a bit. You have an award waiting on you when you get a chance. Have a great day!