
I have gone way off what I am suppose to be doing to what I have been wanting to do....Instead of working on the second felted bag, I have made a shawl, a scarf, worked on squares and now I have made a stuffed toy. "Potpourri" the Octopus is made for a contest on Peaches & Creme Ravelry group. The contest ends on September 1st, and I now have him, Fiesta bear, and the kids bears, entered...September 1st is the start of a new contest, it is for Christmas ornaments, and since I told someone I would make them some ornaments for their Christmas tree it is a perfect opportunity to enter and also fulfill that offer. I am gong to take another break and make up a few chemo hats for a friend to give to her friend. I picked out a skein of "Raging Purple" and "Cavern" Cotton Fleece. Purple is her favorite color and I thought the black (cavern) would go with anything.
Jack's 46th birthday was the 19th, and since he had tests to be done last week, and then work, we are going to celebrate it today. Got the cake (not the Hannah Montana that Brooke threw a fit over) I made up a batch of Homemade Spaghetti Sauce, my mom fixed a salad, and my sister picked up some Texas toast. I thought about cooking on the grill, but decided I really did not want to be bothered, I wanted something simple. I cook enough all the time, that once in awhile I just want a break and simple. In fact if it was not hot I would have made some Honey Eyed Chicken, or Hash brown Casserole, but figured it is not a day for the oven.....
Well Brooke still needs to get some clothes on, she has been "too busy" to let me help her, and I need to take the pooch out, so I guess I better get off here, and get things ready to go..........
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.............Many Hugs.......
6 comments:
Wendy is that your own design> He is so cute.
I was just thinking I wanted to see if I could remember how to make those curly crocheted twists as I had an idea for a Christmas tree ornament.
I might have to ask you for directions if I can't figure it out. And hey maybe I can enter the contest too.
He is just the happiest fellow I have met today. Great job. Hope you win!
I love that little fella! He is just too cute! Good luck...he's a good one to win.
Happy B'day to Jack.
Hugs!
What a little cutie!! You're so creative. Wishing you luck on winning.
I have sent an envelope with some cotton squares for the kids ghans in the mail today.
*hugs*
I love Potpourri. He is so cute! I hope you win!!!!
He is so darn cute. Where did you get the pattern? Please!
Post a Comment