Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Just a few things

I did manage to get some new pictures of Benji. He is always on the run, or sleeping under the chair that it is hard to get one of him, so I did it when he was in the bed. I was enticing him with Vegetable Crisp crackers....


I also started a scarf for the Red Scarf Project. I figure that I can work on it here and there, since I have til the end of October.


Here are 3 more 10 inch squares I have completed. I have 5 more to complete, then I can get them out in the mail.


I did manage to buy a couple balls of Black Peaches & Creme cotton for the kids afghans. I have made some squares in it, and also some other solid colors. Noticed that I had very few solid colors, so decided I would make a bunch. I have 104 on the way from Linda B. in NC. The best things about her squares are that she just learned to make a granny square, and she went to town on them for me (the kids)

William's throat seems to be better, But he still can not hear out of his left ear. I keep checking, by covering his right one and whispering into his left...He has also developed a real nasty cough. Brooke has started with a runny stuffy nose, and tonight she is complaining of her throat hurting...No temp, so we shall see how it goes and if need be I can take her to the doctors on Tuesday.
Jack has to start his liquid diet tomorrow. I stocked up on Gatorade, jello, juice and broth for him....It is going to be rough by the time dinner rolls around, and I have to fix the kids and myself something to eat. BUT he will just have to suffer....I just may take the kids to my parents around that time, and mooch off them, so that I do not aggravate his sure to be crabbiness....Come Monday morning it will be the worse, so I am thankful I have to take William to the neurologist and do not have to deal with Jack. He will not give my mom a hard time.
Well I think it may be an early night for me....I am getting really sleepy, so I think after I get this posted and check my email, I will hit sleep on the TV and lay down.
Have a blessed weekend............

6 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Your crochet is so neat and pretty...just makes me so jealous.

Benji is too cute...if only we had the energy those little ones have.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
You can be sure to tell Jack the the 'prep' is the worst part of the UGI/Colonoscopy procedure. If his doctor is anything like the ones I work with the patients are sleeping and wake up without believing they are done!

I'm praying especially hard for all of you...
Please update us with any new news.

Anonymous said...

Benji is adorable and I am sure the kids love him to death. Your squares are beautiful you have come such a long way in your crocheting;

Aunt Kathy said...

Love the picture with Benji's tongue, that's too cute.

Your squares always look so nice.

I am sure Jack will do fine. I have had to fast for a couple days before not even liquid stuff, it can be done.

Monday will be a busy day, I'll be sure to pray.

pinkangel said...

Wendy, I just love Benji. He is so adorable. I know Jack will do just fine and it will soon be over. He is a big boy..right??

Be sure to let us know how William makes out.

Praying for a good outcome for both.

Loves Hugs

Unknown said...

What a cute pup!
Best wishes for a smooth procedure...waiting makes for good crochet time, though!