Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Monday, July 14, 2008

SHHHhhh I won't tell if you won't tell...

My silly Willy....this is how he fell asleep yesterday.......

I was so bad today, and now I am having a guilt trip...BUT it is too late now to have one.....I went by our old house today, there was a lady who had "Freecycled" for some yarn for her disabled sister. SO since I have quite a bit, I boxed up some acrylic and drove it down to her...Of course that was a 45 minute drive, but I had also planned on visiting some old friends (they were not home)....since we were down that way I went into the JoAnn's superstore (BIG MISTAKE)...I was looking for some felting wool (as if I do not already have some wool here) did not find enough of any one color of the variegated to make a purse, so I looked around, what I did find was some Sensations Rainbow Boucle on sale for $6 (normally $8.99) so I got ONE skein of Red (for a shawl for either the nursing home or as a gift for someone) Upon looking some more (should have left) I also found an Embellish Knit I have one of the clover ones and like it, but wanted to try this, because all you so is turn the handle...I want to make a bath mat with it out of the cotton (at some point) This should have been enough, but oh no I had to keep looking, at least I put the 99 knit stitch book back that was $15.99, and the few skeins of CotCorn (cotton and corn yarn) back...BUT I seen a Susan Bates "velocity" 29" circular knitting needle in size 6...that I wanted to try....I figured I deserved a little treat from the stimulus check...BUT now that I am home with my goodies I am feeling so guilty for picking this stuff up....AND it is TOO late to take it back, because it is too far away.....Brooke informed me that since I got some "toys" that her and William needed to get a new toy...SO we went by Pamida on the way home and they had $5 each to spend, she got a door sign kit to make, and William got a sand/water wheel thingy...I did not feel the least bit guilty buying them something...SO why do I feel so guilty buying myself something...



I did get some 10" squares done (6 to be exact) and also did a Bear I used Fiesta in the Peaches & Creme cotton and it is just way too adorable...I do not know yet what I am going to do with it. Either a Christmas present for Brooke, try to sell on Etsy, or for Loves Many Cloths for the "cuddle bears" for memory care........I put it on Ravelry's Peaches & Creme group, because they are having another contest, this one for toys....



Jack is in South Carolina at the moment...He left with a mentor on Sunday night...Originally they were going to Williamsport MD, but ended up in North Carolina to South Carolina and then back home by Wednesday. In North Carolina he said that he was at a place that Had giant spools of cotton to be used to make T-Shirts...and for the life of me I can not remember where he said he was or the name of the place....I tried getting him to go by Rutherfordton...but he could not do that....MAYBE when he is out on his own....



WELL the kids are driving me batty to go outside....BUT I really do not want to...I have been picking berries for days and finally got 3 quarts (5 days later) so that I can make a batch of seedless jam. There is a mixture of Yellow, Red and Black Raspberries....I would pick what was ready and throw them in a container in the freezer, then pick some the next day and do the same. WELL through all this, I have either gotten into something or am having an allergic reaction...Because my right eye is VERY sore and swollen and for 2 mornings now I have woke up to it being swollen shut...SO tomorrow I will be going to the doctors to see what is up....The kids also have a WIC appointment tomorrow afternoon, so I can hopefully get in in the morning...



I guess I should tame the beasties and take them outside..at least it is not real hot or humid....



Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe weekend.......

FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.... I SHOULD READ THINGS BEFORE I BUY...I AM JUST A LITTLE PISSED OFF AT MYSELF...THE EMBELLISH KNIT WILL NOT WORK WITH WORSTED WEIGHT YARN......SO THERE GOES THE IDEA OF MAKING A BATH MAT.......

5 comments:

The Jillybean said...

Well, even with the disappointement about the kit don't feel guilty. How long has it been since you treated yourself? See, you deserve it! And if that doesn't convince you, take a stroll over to my place and see if you want to be Louise.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am one that also needs to remember to read things in the store, so I know exactly what you feel like. I love the beat and the squares - need to ask, where did you get the pattern for the squares; especially the diagonal, brown, blue, burgundy and cream.

Lil Knitter said...

Stop that guilt right now missy!!! Okay, I do the same thing. I always feel guilty when I buy something for myself but we really do deserve to treat ourselves sometimes too.

Your squares are gorgeous! Your crochet skills amaze me girlfriend. They're all so neat and perfect. And that bear is so bright and cheery.

Hey, Jack! He's down here my way.

And that photo of silly Willy is so so cute. Give him a hug for me and our pretty girl too.

Hugs!

Aunt Kathy said...

I decided to treat myself to a sub after my DR appt this morning and getting lost in the bad part of town, so heck I deserved a treat, right? Guess what I came out of Subway and my car died, Yep, I was stranded there for a couple hours until I could get it towed home. Yeah, I often feel guilty when I treat myself. But you my friend, were not reckless, and sometimes we just need a little extra.

Anonymous said...

For all you do for others, you should not feel guilty for treating yourself....you deserve it. I too am disappointed with the Embellish Knit. You can't make LONG pieces of ICord with it. It's only good for pieces no longer than about 24". :( I wanted to make coiled coasters--guess I'll go back to making ICord on dpns.....

Give those adorable babies a hug for me and a big hug and Texas wave to you! Your friend in San Antonio :)