Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Here I sit

Here I sit.......It is 11:15 p.m. and the kids are still awake..They fell asleep during the 40 minute drive to drop Jack off to go to work...He had to meet with the mentor at 8p.m. He took the laptop this time, so we are in the living room, I watched "Army Wives" while they picked on me and played...They are now being silly and playing on the "bed" I made them on the floor...silliness is a good sign that they are getting tired.


Jack made it through his first week of work and loved it. He was very anxious to get back out on the road. Even with the mentor, he said he is learning a lot. Hopefully though this will be the last week, and he can get his own truck and start making some real money.


Brooke has had some "issues" and I have been trying to work through them, without tanning her hide...I know she misses her daddy and that is why, she really knows of no other way to deal with her feelings. I have not told Jack of the issues, it is better he does not know how it is affecting her...She will get past them, as long as "I" get past them..


My mom made it home yesterday. She made the 600 mile trip in 9 hours 15 minutes...Grandma told her she must have sprouted wings...We seen her for few minutes yesterday, and then spent most of the day there, today. My sister invited us over for dinner. She made us Lasagna for our anniversary, tomorrow.


It is hard to believe that tomorrow we will have been married 7 years...I think back and wonder where all the time went. I tease Jack and tell him it has been 7 yrs and he is still alive...I have not rung his neck yet...LOL.... I wonder though why we are still together, he must really love me, because I tell you I have not treated him very well these past couple of years...Any other man would have said "see ya", I am sure of it.....I am hoping that maybe just maybe I can make myself change back to the way I use to be, and that my husband will again see how much I really do love him....I just have had a hard time showing him and actually wanting to even be with him....I am hoping that this job and the time apart will bring us closer and "IN LOVE" again...


My mom is really missing her mom already....you can see it in her face when she talks about her...I just wish there was a way that we could get grandma to move here...My dad has already said what he would do to accommodate her...I ma so hoping that we can make a trip to see her soon. Even if it is just me and the kids. We have not seen her since William was 4 months old.
I have been crocheting and have pictures, just have not put them on the computer, so it will have to wait to share them. I have made some more 10 inch squares, some of the cotton squares, worked on my "black cherry" project (as I call it)....and have started one of 4 felted bags. I need to get the one finished up tonight, so that I can felt it tomorrow, and get it in the mail by Wednesday.


I have also been working in the garden and picking berries. I have enough berries for a batch of jam, just have not found the time to make it. SO they are in the freezer waiting for their turn.


I think the kids are going to need some "coaxing" to go to bed...SO I will get off here and do that "coaxing" (before they drive me buggy and the landlord calls wondering why they are trying to come through his ceiling....)


Hope everyone is finding their blessings, and keeping cool and safe..........

6 comments:

Scarlet said...

Hi sweetie,

I am so glad that Jack is happy with his job. That is so important.
Happy Anniversary to you and Jack!!!! Seven years is a long time and you sure have been through a lot together. NIck and I just celebrated 10. You will make it honey, there are times in all marriages where we think we're not gonna make it, but the love will pull you through.
Always have you in my thoughts and prayers.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Wendy thank you so much ;-)

It is amazing what affects kids and how the "voice" it. I am glad that Jack is liking his new job and your Mom is back home.

Hugs!!!!

Aunt Kathy said...

Happy Anniversary Wendy.

As I am nearing my 28th anniversary and we are still living I can tell you we all go through those times when we wonder what changed.

Truth is we all change, everyday. And you never go back, you just adjust and find new ways.

The LOVE is always there, love never dies, God is love. As the Bible says,

Phl 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

When we think on these things everything else lines up.

Remember those small acts of kindness, a note in a lunch bag, a squeeze of the hand, a look and a smile etc. these things speak louder then anything

Happy Anniversary my friend

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that I crocheted some granny squares for you for your kids afghans; however, I don't know where to send them. I think I have about 30 squares for you.

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!

Wendy said...

Michelle...if you could email me, I will get you the information that you need....Thank you very much... basilwendy at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,
I love reading your blog and check it everyday. Guess what, we are celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary tomorrow (22nd)! I can understand what you are saying. My husband and I have been through plenty too, and there were many years I didn't feel "close" to my husband and there are still times that I struggle with that, and my husband is so good to me! I hope you have a great anniversary and that Jack continues to enjoy his new job :)