Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Monday, July 21, 2008

Just a few things....


Are you surprised to hear from me again so soon???? Well I decided I really wanted to share a few pictures. Also I would like to thank everyone who has left me best wishes for my anniversary.


I have 6 more 10 inch squares done...13 to go........I also finished the felted bag and found that I really like the Patons classic wool for felting...It only took ONE time through the washer and it was completely felted, and it does not shrink up as much as others. SO the bag is a nice size bag. I started the second of 4 total.


I also got some pictures from the garden of the sunflowers...


The kids and I ate our first cucumber from the garden, for dinner...BOY was it good. We had a simple light dinner, cucumber, chicken breast sauteed in butter and green beans.


Reflecting back to my wedding day, It was VERY hot (in the high 90's) and humidity was about 95%. We were getting married outside at the gazebo of the township offices. We paid $140 for a minister to come and do the ceremony. We had just immediate family which was 18 people. Everything was fine...up to the point of the ceremony to start, and the skies ripped lose....It rained so hard and the wind was so bad, that we were all huddled in the very center of the good size gazebo and were getting wet, anyways. It started to thunder and lightning, and as soon as I was to say "I do" the loudest most earth shaking thunder boomed...(Jack tells me that was his mom, giving her approval) You can see me in our video, cringing....and everyone laughing...

SO it has on every anniversary, stormed. Today it did not storm for say, but we did have a pretty good down pour of rain. Jack and I say that it is his mom wishing us a Happy Anniversary. SO as long as it continues to do so, I will take it as a GOOD sign....
I do not watch much TV, but I do love to watch Army Wives on Sunday nights on Lifetime. And then Little People Big World and John and Kate plus 8 both on TLC....WELL I am excited about my Wednesday night TV, we have been watching Ghosthunters....BUT tomorrow DOG the Bounty Hunter is returning to TV....I really like that show, don't ask me why, but I do...I believe it is on A&E at 8p.m. SO you know where I will be tomorrow night, YUP in front of the boob tube watching DOG.........
I did not get much sleep last night, it was about midnight before the kids finally fell asleep, I stayed up til after 1:00 finishing the bag, so that could felt it today...THEN I was up at 4 until well after 7 with a severe headache and toothache....I took some stuff but nothing was helping, so it was not until I was exhausted that I finally fell back asleep...THEN at 9 I had to go potty and the kids were still asleep, so I thought, hey I can go back to sleep for awhile, NOPE no such luck, before I could get back into the bedroom, they were on their way out....They should be going to bed very very soon, because I know they are TIRED...and I am too.............I hate not having the laptop, because I can not sit in bed crocheting and chatting on Yahoo with friends...I got just a little too spoiled with it, I guess.........
I am going to hit post on this, and then get the kids some milk and we will be heading to the bedroom, after they fall asleep, I may come back out here and do a little surfing....THEN it is bedtime for me too.......
Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't............(OH and again thanks for the anniversary wishes, they were the only ones I got besides from my husband at 9:30 this morning, before he was going to go to sleep)

4 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

I am probably the last one to say but....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

We're getting storms here too...one after another. That's okay though...we seriously need the rain.

Hope your head and tooth are feeling better.

Hugs!

Sandie said...

Well, Happy Anniversary!
A toothache is one of the worst things. Motrin is what I have taken - also try that sensitive tooth toothpaste. If it is not a cavity it might help. I use it all the time.

Aunt Kathy said...

Wendy, great pictures of the sunflowers.

I LOVE the Patons Classic Wool too, It has fast become my favorite. That bag looks great. So far I have only felted Roses but I have a few other projects on my to do list.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!!!!

I love the story of the storm andhis Mom, I think that is so awesome.

I love that bag!!!

Hugs!!!