Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ding Dong...Ding Dong..Ding Dong..

The Ding Dong of the door bell just would not stop...I am half in dream land and half awake..."OH SH**" as I grab my pj bottoms and flying out of the bed and to the door...The kids close on my heels......It is Rachel staring in the door, I unlock it and she tells me that my dad has stuff to do, can she stay here...I go out the door and let my dad know "OK" .... I WAS NOT ready to get out of the bed, and either were the kids..... In a way it was a good thing though, because I have a guest coming today, so I guess I should pick up the mess from last night, and be awake when she gets here...BUT oh how I could have gotten just a few more minutes of sleep.... Watch though, the house will get totally trashed even though I said not to.... Katie you are forewarned...the house will probably be a mess.........

I got a call from my mom yesterday. She wanted to let me know that the baby yarn I sent to my grandma was the right one and matched. It was in my stash, and she had my dad give me the money to send it to her, because my mom had looked for more, and could not find any. She also let me know that my grandma got her leg brace and she is doing good with it, and so she will be coming home on the 19th....I am so happy, I sure have missed her....

Brooke and I got our hair cut yesterday. William needs his done too, but he just was not going for that, and I did not want a screaming kid, so he did not get his done. We also went to the cemetery, to visit Jack's mom and dad's graves. We have not been in over a year, since it is an hour drive. We were both feeling quite guilty, so since we had gas money we went.

Have you ever tried to explain something to a 4 1/2 yr old, especially about death, and graves. WELL I tried to explain to Brooke about her grandma and grandpa, "daddy's mommy and daddy" She was only 5 months old when Jack's dad died and I never even met his mom, she died in 1997. We tried to tell her that they were in heaven with God, and that their bodies were in a pretty box, in the ground, and this is where they are at. When it was time to leave, she did not want to go, because her grandma and grandpa were under the ground by themselves... When we got home she told Marie that she went to see her grandma and grandpa at the cemetery and that they are under the ground. I really need to find my pictures and put theirs out, and talk about them, well at least Jack (Jack's dad) and he can tell about his mom. They need to know their grandparents, even if they will never see them. That is one thing that my parents never did, My dad's father died when I was 13 months old and the only thing I know of him is that there is a picture of me sleeping with my head on his lap. They never really talked about him. Even if people have passed on, they were still a part of who you are, and you need to know about them.

Jack is gone for his first day of Orientation...He thinks he will be home about 6. SO I am here without a car...even if I do not run the roads, I still like to have that option....one of these days, I will again........

I am fixing Honey-eyed chicken & rice for dinner, and I pulled out some bread to make bread pudding for ourselves and Marie. That will be a nice surprise for both Jack and Marie.

I guess I should get my butt in gear and at least put the clean dishes away, and maybe fold the 2 baskets of clothes sitting next to me. Then again maybe I will just pick up the baskets and put them on my bed...Who knows...I would rather crochet........

Hope everyone has a blessed day......

Hug the ones you love and pray for those you don't

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that honey-eyed chicken awesome ;-) Wow sounds like you had a full day. I am so glad you are letting the little ones know about their gparents.

Hugs!!!

Sandie said...

I think it's nice that you want to pass on thoughts and photos of the grands. My children were blessed to know their my parents, but my husband's mother died before they were born, and his dad died when my son was just a toddler. We need to make more of an effort to talk about them, even if they are often in out thoughts. The kids can't read our thoughts. LOL There are a couple books out that teach about death to kids. I'm not sure of the titles though. I know there is a Sesame Street one. It's hard for them to understand, but how sweet that she didn't want the grands to be alone.

I have been without a car most days for the past two years as my son takes it to work so I know whereof you speak. My hubby says no big deal but he HAS a car LOL. Like you, I don't run the roads, but it's nice to have that option if you want or need to.

Aunt Kathy said...

I've been "running the roads" more then I like these days.

HUG Katie for me, I miss her.

The Jillybean said...

I hope ya'll have had a wonderful day! I think I need someone to use my car for a few days so that I HAVE to stay home.

Lil Knitter said...

Okay, what is this honey-eyed chicken? I might need to try that.

Good for you for telling the kids about their grandparents. It can be hard to explain but they need to know them.

My running the road days will start back soon enough.

Hugs!