Well I do not know what Jack and I am thinking...and actually what the land lord was thinking also....We have a new addition to the family, his name is Benji and he is about 4 months old...He was abandoned by his owner (they got evicted) and he is just the cutest little fluff ball...The land lord took him in, but after 1/2 a day it did not work out with their dog (Teeko a Silky) SO they brought him up to me and asked if I would at least foster Benji til they can find him a good home...I think after about 4 hours though, that he will not be going anywhere. Marie brought me a big container of food for him, a temporary collar and leash...and I guess when we can, he will be getting all his own goodies and toys and making a trip to the vet for his shots. SO even though I thought it would be a while before we got the kids a dog, he has already settled into the Basil family. He is sleeping next to Brooke, and stole her covers to make his bed. I had to get him a blankie of his own so that I could cover Brooke back up. He is house trained and really likes to follow the cats around. Patches is not too keen on the idea of this fluff ball intruding on his space, but Bubba is quite curious as to what it is....Benji got his first bath in his new home. He did not like the blow dryer, but he will get use to it over time. Oh I guess I should tell you what kind of dog he is, NOW this is what I was told so I am not just making this up...He is a (no idea how to spell it) Shitpom.....He is Shitzu and Pomeranian mix. Wanna see some pics...they are not the best, he was too busy getting to know his surroundings. He looks even cuter now, that he has been bathed and fluffed up with the brush...He has the looks of the Shitzu but the hair of the Pomeranian...I will have to see if he will be left as is, or if he will be getting regular hair cuts.




My family is going to have fits when they find out, But oh well....This is going to be fun, tomorrow, when they are here...Maybe I can hide him...What ya think? Yea sure do you really think the kids are going to let him go unnoticed. Maybe I will say we are just fostering him, til they find him a home...That is what we are suppose to be doing...Then later I will fill them in on the news that he is here to stay....That sounds good to me....
I did not get the living completely picked up........But I have a feeling that fluff ball will be waking me up early to go potty, so I will just do it in the morning, and pray it is presentable..
9 comments:
Aww...Benji is too cute! No way are you going to be able to let him go. Welcome to the family little furry man.
Hugs!
LOL He is just the cutest little thing!!! I'd call him a Pomerzu though... sounds better than that other name. *giggle* I wouldn't care one little bit what the family thinks! I'd just tell them right up that he's there to stay! If you say your fostering him one of them might step right up and claim him. LOL
Welcome Benji Basil...
He is SOOOO cute!!
Awww Wendy, there is no way I would have turned down that sweet little guy........I just love him
Loves Hugs!
He is so adorable and it looks like Brooke is in love.
I want a dog so bad, but I have to wait until I can make sure that I have the time to spend with it.
Give Benji a scratch for me and the kids big hugs!
Can't wait to see the sweaters that I "KNOW" you're going to make for Benji.
*hugs*
Hey Wendy, I dropped a package off for you this mornin when I went to the chiropractor. I sent it to the P.O. Box so be looking for it around Friday I think. Hope you have a great day!
He is just soooooo cute!!! How could anyone ever let him go! And the kids--I just don't see it happening.
I love dogs, but they're just a little too much for apartment living right now. So, I have two kitties instead.
I found you over at Aunt Kathy's place!!
Beth
Oh how adorable. Your little sweetie looks so happy sitting next to him.
Hugs!!!!
Post a Comment