Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Monday, July 7, 2008

A great day........(and lots of pictures)



Yesterday Jack's sister and fiance came over to visit. They brought the bike since it is so much cheaper on gas and they live about 45 miles away. We had a great visit especially since we have not seen them since Christmas. I fixed some Beef roast in the slow cooker and then made some mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans...I was going to make biscuits, but the time got away from me.


This is a scarf I received from a friend in Louisiana. It is so soft and I just love the colors...It will be going to my local nursing home.









Look what else I received in the mail today..........This is my prize package for Brooke's summer outfit winning Creative Use of Peaches & Creme. I could not believe when I opened the package and found all this wonderful fiber goodness and extras...........I sure am going to have fun with this stuff.

12 balls of Peaches & Creme worsted weight cotton...mistletoe, shaded pastels, potpourri, white, camel, mauve, verde green, red and peacock....




2 core balls of 100% Mercerized Perle cotton in mint green ombre.........




2 core balls of Rayon cotton in white.......






6 balls of 4/4 100% cotton in baby ombre.........




2 core balls cotton metallic in dazzling cream....



8 balls of Peaches & Creme double worsted weight cotton 2 in shrimp and 2 in pastel pink..




Clover cable stitch holders, knitting bobbins and a Chibi with bent tip needles and a roll up needle holder.........






2 core balls Rayon Chenille 1 in deep purple and 1 in heartsease............
2 core balls Petalspun 100% Rayon in mauve and 1 cone Super Petalspun 100% Rayon in leaf green..........


MY FAVORITE (because I LOVE this color) 2 cones of Black Cherry Mercerized cabled cotton...




and last but not least 4 core balls of Perle cotton 2 in black and 2 in shocking pink.



Is that not a wonderful prize package, and All because I made Brooke something..........I can not wait to begin to come up with some projects for some of this wonderful fiber.............


NOW for some even greater (is that a word, well it is now) stuff..........It has been such a wonderful eventful day and I tell you I could go for more days like today.....Do you want to know what made it such a great day?????????


WELL lets see here could it have been that we received our Stimulus check in the mail today...we were able to give some to the land lord, and also put some in the bank....BUT that is not all, there is more............


Jack starts work on Thursday (well orientation) for the trucking company that he did a road test for on Thursday..........


Now would you not agree that it has been a great and wonderful day...just full of wonderful surprises..............


I have been working on the scrap cotton granny squares for the kids afghans. I have decided that I am making them twin size, and they will be for them for Christmas. Great news here also. I will need 650 squares for both afghans, and did not know if I would be able to do it. WELL I have had some very generous and wonderful offers of help, and I said YES....It will be so very wonderful for the kids to receive squares made by others, to be put into their afghans, it will make them even more special....I will make sure that I keep all the information from the ladies who have made squares and put it in their books that I started for them (My mommy journals) That way they will know, when they can truly understand, how much they are blessed.

I KNOW that I am truly blessed even though at times it is hard to realize that....

I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend and realize all your blessings...........

9 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Aww...Wendy, what an awesome day for you! I am so happy for you and for Jack. YAY JACK'S JOB! All that yarn is just icing on the cake...some seriously good icing! This is what happens when you don't give up believing.
Hugs!

SimplyMe said...

YES YES YES!!!! (Meg Ryan as Sally @ the resturant)

What an excellent day.

Congrats to jack

Congrats to you

Hugs all around

great job on the contest.

Now, tell me how you like that chenelle.....I've been thinking about that and some of the ww rayon as a future purchase...but first, we must bust that stash wide open.

btw - duct taping that stuff to my body would be just fine as a punishment, if I were the one who lost it!

Keep smiling! Go back, and read some of your blogs ealier this year, and wow, wow, wow. Your patience and diligence has been rewarded. LOVE IT!!!!

pinkangel said...

I am so very happy for Jack and of coarse y'all. I see sunshine ahead.
God is with us in the good as well as the bad times and I am so happy so see the good times for you.

You will have to let us all know about each new yarn you are trying. I just never know what to make out of anything except baby, ww and cotton. lol.

Hugs

thesuzvk said...

THANKS BE TO GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Suz

Love WIns

The Jillybean said...

Ohhh Wendy! What a great day indeed! I know you are grinnin from ear to ear today, as you should be.

Aunt Kathy said...

Wendy,

Now these are the blog posts from you I have been praying for.

Reading all this made my day greater too.

Scarlet said...

What a wonderful day!! I am so happy for you and I bet Jack is so tickled. You sure deserve this!!

Good things come to those who wait, and you my friend have waited a long time. *HUGS*

I am working on some cotton squares for the kids. I have a question though. Do you want me to tie the ends in or do you want to use them to put it together with? I am leaving very long ends just in case that is what you wanted to do. Let me know sweetie.

I wish I could wrap my arms around you and give you a great big hug!!

Anonymous said...

Wendy I couldn't think of a nicer person to receive all those wonderful goodies! I sooo agree that Black Cherry is awesome.

YEAH for Jack!!!!

Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW that is absolutely amazing!!! LOOK AT ALL THOSE GRANNY SQUARES!!!