I am sitting here at wits end..... My niece is here for a couple of hours, while my parents are doing something. I can normally get past her little remarks and attitudes, but when she calls my kids "spoiled little brats" then I get just a little pissed... My kids are anything but spoiled...brats maybe, but definitely not spoiled...I told her that my kids are lucky to get anything and do not have even a 1/4 of what she has...she comes back with "well what's this a room full of toys, I call that spoiled" EXCUSE me but those toys are in a SMALL room and those are toys of TWO kids built up over YEARS...NOT of ONE kid in a matter of months.... They have what they have from birthdays and Christmas not just because they see something and want it and in turn get it.....Sure I bought them each a toy the other day........BUT they did not ask for a toy, I did it because I thought they deserved a little something for all they do not get.....I thought that they EARNED that little extra surprise......The older Rachel gets the more it is so very hard to want to be around her or even have my kids around her........AND I get so stinkin tired of everyone making excuses for her and her attitudes..... Hey a lot of children do not have both parents in the same house, a lot of kids do not have 2 parents that have common sense and really should not have ever been able to reproduce, a lot of kids have a jerk for a father..... BUT it is not an excuse to let a child walk all over you and think they are the boss and to not listen to what you have said..... "Oh she gets that way when it is close to going to see her dad" Or " she is like that when she gets back from her dad's" NO I am tired of it...what would my excuse be if I let my kids act like that "OH they act like that because we lost everything and we have nothing" Or " they act like that because their daddy is not home because he is finally doing the right thing and is working and is gone for days at a time"
NO there is just NO excuse for people acting like they do because of there circumstances or because of their past...NONE what so ever....You get past those things and you go on and you try to be a better person because of them....NOT a "BRAT" or a "JERK"...
OK now I think I feel a little better, since I did not start screaming at her for what everyone else has let her get away with for so long...Me not being one of them....
4 comments:
OH WOW that is hard, really hard. I have to agree with you - there is no excuse for an attitude like that.
Hugs!!!
I "third" that!!! My kids don't have both parents....their father is a worthless human being and we don't have a lot BUT they are not allowed to behave like brats. I've been told that my kids are well behaved (outside of home of course...lol) and that they have excellent manners. You are so in the right on this one
Good luck girlfriend!
Hugs!
{{{HUGS}}} Wendy, you can't be responsible for other people ignorance. Your kids are wonderful, you have raised them well, you have something to be proud of there. In spite of circumstances you have overcome. I think your niece is simply jealous of the love you have for and from your kids.
Sorry to hear all this. Glad hubby is working again and I know it must be hard. You keep hanging in there.
Post a Comment