Why Does God Allow ....
by Caroline Shoobridge
Exodus 14:8 The Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, so that he pursued the Israelites, who were marching out boldly.
"Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?" How many times have you heard that asked and then the silence follows because it seems as if nobody knows how to answer that question? Why does He allow things to happen when He is suppose to be all loving and protective?
Look at yourself. Take an inventory of your assets. I don't mean your material items, but your personality assets - your strengths. How many of these assets were developed by going through tough times in your life? I am sure that many of us can say that we have quite a few quality aspects of ourselves because of what we have been through.
In my life, I have heard many people say "Toughen up!", "Grow up!", "Act like an adult.", "I pulled myself up by my bootstraps, why don't they.", "That person just wants someone to do it for them.", and many other statements from other people. Unsurprisingly, some of these people saying these comments call themselves Christians.
"Why does God allow hard times and bad things to happen to good people?" Looking back at my life, it has been very hard and I have been through some really terrible moments, but if it was not for these moments, I would not have the character I have today.
Why does God allow bad things to happen? That answer is easy. It is so that we can share our experiences, strengths, and hope with others who are presently in a moment where we use to be. That is why we go through tough, despairing, dark moments, so our strength grows and we can help lead, advise, and encourage others. That is why God allows bad things to happen to good people - to make us better people along with other reasons that He is aware of.
Click to join Bridge_of_Light_Ministry
Bridge_of_Light_Ministry : Bridge of Light Ministry
1 comment:
That is so true........Thank you for sharing.......it blessed me too.
Hugs
Post a Comment