This is how Brooke fell asleep on Tuesday, after her bath. She commandeered my shawl because she was chilled.......
Sleeping angels last night...........
Soon to be a knitted 10 inch square........
Crocheted 10 inch square.....
Williams comfort bear........
Brooke's bear, finished last night...Surprised her with it this morning.....she was so happy that momma finally made her one........Today I have not done much but sit and knit......Momma Nature has struck and to keep the crabbies away, I have not ventured out the door. It is so stinkin humid that I would surely get the crabbies big time, from being doubly miserable........
We got a letter in the mail today, William does not qualify for Early Headstart....I do not understand that, since his lack of speech (documented speech delay) and documented vision problems moves him to the top of the list. Sure he will be starting Early On in the fall, but that is only until he turns 3 in December, then he will be without services. He does not make the age requirements for Head Start, because he will not be 3 by December 1st. I will check into what can be done, so that he continues to receive services.
Brooke goes to the dentist tomorrow to get the pinhole cavities filled. I have put some earplugs in my bag, because she is petrified of noises, and I am not looking forward to the drill sound and her reaction. She loves going to the dentist, and has no fear, and I am so worried that the filling episode will change all that.........
Last year on July 8th, I mad my first batch of Raspberry preserves. Well this year I do not think that the berries will be ready....they are not even full size let alone changing.
The kids really want me to bake some cookies, since we have none, but I just can bring myself to turn on the oven, as humid as it is. The window air can only cool so much, with the help of the fans.........
I made spaghetti for supper and the kids are finishing theirs, and when they are done I guess I will get off my butt and take them outside for awhile. BUT first I am going to go pop me some more Motrin.
I hope everyone has had a blessed day................
Big Hugs from Yucky humid Michigan.........
4 comments:
It's hot and humid here too. I hate to even go out...it's so sticky. Yuck! Cute photos...I don't blame her for grabbing the shawl.
Hugs!
Awww they are such cuties. I hate hot and humid YUCK, which is what we have right now.
Hugs!!!!
Same here hot and humid. Thank God for air conditioning.
I love sleeping children
Hi Wendy,
By law, William, should be able to get the services he needs through your public school. Even if he is 3, he has the right to get those therapies & extras needed at no cost to you. Contact your neighborhood elementary school's special ed department and explain that your son has been tested and will soon be not be able to get the services due to his age. Also look into finding an educational advocate (call your local board of ed) The reason I know about this is because I use to teach special ed preschool and have 2 sons with learning disabilities, myself. You will have to be the one to press for services, but it is FEDERAL law, not state or city.
Post a Comment