Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Monday, June 30, 2008

Cuties




Here are the cuties who received the ponchos I made...Alexis and Alyssa....They have room to grow so they will get some wear out of them...
I finally started on Williams outfit. I am using Delft Blue, Peaches & Creme worsted weight cotton. I have the shorts about half done, and then I will make him a top to go with them.
I am sitting here procrastinating....I need to get my duff outside and make the garden bigger so that I can transplant my watermelons, they are being overtaken by the sunflowers. I still have not picked the Yellow Squash, they seemed to have stopped growing. MAYBE by the weekend they will be ready (I know that is what I said last week) Still no tomatoes, but lots of blooms on them and I actually have little baby cucumbers. The onion sets have broke the ground.
Today I will also be playing lumberjack.....I borrowed a pruning saw from the land lord. He wants all the Sumac and baby Walnut trees cut done along the tree line. SO since Jack has another job to help him with, I decided I would do it for him. It will get the kids outside, and they love to haul off the brush, so they will have some fun doing that also. Yesterday Jack, John and Bob cut down dead branches in the Walnut trees in their back yard, One was a little too high to cut, but was hanging down enough that they could get a rope around it (after much throwing of the rope) and they hooked up to the pick up truck, and tore it down, unfortunately it also brought down a good branch, and scared a baby Robin out of its nest. It flew right into Jack, it was comical, He was standing there after the branch came down and had his hand out to get John's attention and it flew right into it, then took off into the tree line and momma was right behind....
We have woodchucks on the property, and the little stinkers had babies, well one of the babies has taken up residence in our tree line, and feasts on the lower parts of the sunflowers. Last year I had the bunnies to deal with, now this year I have them. They better not let Bob catch them out and about, or they will be no more....He shoots them... :(
I have a list of recipes I want to try out, I just have to get some of the ingredients. One is for some Bread Pudding, which Jack and Marie have asked for. Then I also want to make some Breakfast Biscuits, that I use to make...BUT I will make them for dessert instead of breakfast.
Jack went to the clinic on Saturday. He woke up with his right side of his face swollen and in pain. Come to find out he has an abscessed tooth, so he is on 500mg Penicillin. It is already getting better. The swelling is down some, so the pain is not as bad. I really need to do some major searching for a dentist, for us.
Oh and Brooke did a great job at the dentist on Friday. She got a little scared and I grabbed her hand and she relaxed. It was all done in under 5 minutes.
Well I guess I had better get the kids some lunch, and then get outside....
Hope everyone has a beautiful day.........


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Wendy for making Alexis and Alyssa the ponchos. They are little sweet peas. Linda(the twins great, great aunt.

Unknown said...

Cute ponchos! As well as cute kids. Can't wait to see Williams outfit.

Aunt Kathy said...

I love the ponchos. Very nice Wendy. Oh and A with a saw not a pretty picture, lol. Hope you were careful, you need those fingers to knit you know?

Lil Knitter said...

The ponchos look too cute on those little ones. You did an awesome job on them.
Hmmm....Lumberjack Wendy might become your new name. lol
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie!!! I'm wishing you a very happy Fourth!!!!!

The ponchos are adorable as well as the two girls in them.

Hugs!!!