Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Our Monday


My Mother's Day turned out to be quite enjoyable, I did not get my wish of no yelling, or arguing but hey that is to be expected with munchkins. But I did get a dozen beautiful white roses from my babies (by way of Pappa) My sister and I cooked dinner for our mom. We had Lasagna, salad and deviled eggs.

Monday morning I woke up not feeling very well. I had not slept much and my back was killing me. It was a struggle to do anything, even sitting was a chore. It was a rainy, cold morning which probably did nothing to help the back. I had stretched out on the couch and was trying to make the back feel better, when the next thing I knew I was being piled up with whatever the kids could find. I had 3 babies, cars, blankets, belts, a sock half put on, and William even tried putting the little rocking chair on my head (I stopped that) Of course Jack just had to get the camera to show off my predicament (he has not left me alone about sharing the pictures)











I did finally give in to the pain, and decided I had to do some housework. I cleaned up the kids room and got rid of the junk toys and broken stuff. I then proceeded to the living room. I got out the vacuum, and the darn thing is still not working very well. (it will not shut off, unless you unplug it) and it took 6 tries to get the beater to work, then I had to stop 3 times to clean the filter so that it would suck. Jack and I looked at one the other day at WalMart. It is a Bissel and it is an upright and was only $45. That is a lot of money right now for us, and money we do not have. If the vacuum does not decide to work, I will just have to borrow my moms on the days I vacuum. Until something gives and we can buy a new one.


Today Brooke had school. Later when we go to get her, we will stop by the store and get some milk and cereal. It is suppose to be a pretty decent day, so Maybe we will go by the park for awhile, also.

I am getting started on a little felted purse for my nieces 10th birthday on the 26th. I will try to make a little change purse for it also. I have also been knitting, I did 2 cloths and have another one started, using a new stitch I learned today form Aunt Kathy's blog (she is having her month long contest) I did not take any pictures of the cloths I did, but when I finish the new one and the purse I will be sure to get pictures.

I better get busy and get myself and William dressed, and then get to work on the purse.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day............







7 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

It's memories like this (kids burying you with their favorite things)that will carry you through those dark days.

I haven't tried the new stitch yet... lol. I know I'll have to do a whole cloth so I am procrastinating, LOL

Lil Knitter said...

I hope your back is better soon...I had to laugh at the photo though. Kids do the funniest things.

Hugs!

Katie O said...

Hope your back feels better. We'll have to catch up. work has been killer the last few days... at least I'm in a killer hotel in Tulsa! Oh yea!!! Catch up with you tonight.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a good Mother's Day. I'm sorry to hear about your back but that was hilarious what the kids did.

Hugs!!!

Scarlet said...

Looks like the kids had a blast covering you up. I am also glad to hear that you had a half way decent Mothers Day. You deserve it honey.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures...if that's not unconditional love, then I don't know what is. I LOVE your helpers! Thanks for the smile. Have a great day and hugs from Texas.

thesuzvk said...

Wendy,thank you for sharing the pictures of you buried amongst the kids' treasures! These are the moments you will cherish. This is what matters, this is what we are here for. Think how much they love you!

Love,
Suz

Love Wins