She called me in the morning and asked if Brooke was going to school, I told her no, because she had not went to bed at a reasonable hour (it was midnight before she finally fell asleep), and she was still sleeping. I had tried to wake her up 8 times when the alarm went off at 7:30, but the child would not budge, so rather than have a total crank for the day, I let her sleep. My mom said that she would be over about 10:30 to pick the kids and I up to go to Mary Maxime...(YEA I have not got to go there even though it is only a 40 minute drive) She said she thought we could use a change and some time out (sure could) I did not go with any intentions of any goodies, I just wanted to go to see what they had, and pet the yarn.
Well I came out with 6 skeins of Caron Felt It wool yarn in Rose Garden, it was on sale for 97 cents a skein (was $2.99) a bag full of glass beads for $3.49, 6 yards of netting for scrubbies, various needle threaders and the kids got stickers. Mom was going for some replacement floss for a kit she had bought, well the dirty boogers have discontinued the kit and had no replacement floss. So we had to try to guess what colors would match. She got various needle threaders, floss and a SCROLL embroidery hoop. I should know better than to even look at something to long, that is how I got the yarn and beads, and then I told her what you can crochet with the netting, and she put that in the cart also. Now I have to figure out how to cut the netting into long strips so that I can make the scrubbies. And of course the wool will become a felted purse (with intentions of selling it, but may have to keep it after It is done)


Williams glasses came apart at Mary Maxime, he had tripped and bumped my moms leg and the next thing we knew one lens was flying, then the frame and screw (what a small thing) we picked up all the pieces and checked him out (he now has a new bruise added to his constantly bruised legs) When we got home I tried to fix his glasses, but the darn screw would not stay in, so of to WalMart we went, since they have the vision center. They fixed them for nothing, but had to put a bigger screw in so that it would stay together. While there we had to get some diapers and some bread.
There is this organization called Miracle Diapers, they give cloth diapers to needy families that wish to use them. Well seeing that little man is just not ready to potty train (I don't want to rush him and be the one trained not him) and diapers cost money I thought that I would sign up with them and switch to cloth (for financial purposes) well when I went on their site they are closed to applications due to so many people wanting them. I do not know why in the world I did not use some sense in the first place with my kids and use cloth diapers. I could have even made my own,m I would have had the money for the material needed, and it is so much more environmental friendly than all those disposables in the land fills. I guess maybe it was the thought of all the added laundry and not thinking it was such a sanitary thing. Now that I want to do it I can't. Figures..........
Well my mother called and said that I have a couple of boxes waiting at her house, that came in the mail today, so I guess we will go over there in awhile and also have my dad change the oil in the car. It is past due and he will have fits. She also wanted to know what I want in my garden and is going to pick up the plants an seeds.
Brooke and I planted 7 sunflower plants in the garden yesterday, they were growing in the yard, from the bird seed, so we moved them before they got mowed down. Sunflowers are such a simple thing, but so pretty. I had tried to grow some last year, bought 6 packs of various seeds and not a one grew. (BooHoo)
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today, I am going to go get my yarn and finish my nieces birthday present (which I never even picked up yesterday.
Give the ones you love a hug today.........
I ALMOST FORGOT TO ADD THE PICTURES ...OOPS......
4 comments:
I miss craft shopping with my mom. When she was alive we used to spend hours at Ben Franklins. My mom was so crafty and creative, I miss her so much. Give your mom a big hug for me .
*HUG* for you too honey.
I used cloth diapers via diaper service when my first was born. I loved them. I was wondering where you had been... sounds like a great day and that yarn looks really pretty
Can't wait to see what you make with all of your goodies! Hope you have a great day!
I can't wait to see how the Felt It turns out...I've almost bought it soo many times but just couldn't make up my mind. lol
Glad you had some fun time with your Mom. That's always a good day.
Hugs!
Post a Comment