Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Life's ponderings

I received a phone call from my mother, yesterday evening. My grandmother (in Maryland) was in the hospital. She is 86 yrs old, and still runs a day care. The children she watches all are under the age of 4, she has 2 full time ones and 2 part time one. Well on of the parents showed up yesterday to pick up her child, and no one answered the door (she keeps them locked) The parent ended up breaking into the house to find my grandmother unconscious, no one knows how long she had been like that. They did a CAT scan and it showed nothing, so they planned an MRI today. I have anxiously been waiting all day for a phone call from my mother with the results. They believe my grandmother may have suffered a mini stroke. My mother will be leaving in the wee hours of the morning to go to Maryland. The last time my mother went to stay with my grandmother for health reasons was September 2005, when she fell and broke her hip, she had been on the ground for hours before one of the neighbors found her. My mom was there for just about 3 months and made it home 4 days before William made his appearance into the world.

I know my mom is worried sick about her mom, and to be 600 miles away, makes matters even harder. I am praying that something does not happen, but then I have this gut feeling that this may be the last time my mom gets to be with her mother. Her health has been failing her for at least a year. The last time I got to go see her was in April of 2006. When we took the kids for her to meet William, and to see Brooke, again.

Today is a somber day for me. And to be as tired as I am is not helping any. I did not sleep well, thinking about my grandma.

I have been crocheting, just have not finished Rachel's purse (bad Wendy) , But I am almost done with my KAL cloth. My first venture in lace knitting. I did find that I messed up in a couple of places, I lost my place in the pattern, and did not realize it till I was much further. I have left it alone and it will be a reminder to be more careful the next time.

No pictures to share, not that there is not stuff to show off, or kids to see, but I just seem to never remember the camera, and have not taken any of my projects. (slacking, shame on me)

The Internet will probably be shut of at the end of the month. I had paid it up when we got our income taxes, but it is now going to be 2 months late at the end of the month. Praying super hard that American Axle settles the strike and gets back to work, and that Jack gets called to work. So many places are shut down or working only skeleton crews due to the strike. It is affecting every part of the economy with so many dependant on the auto industry.

Well little man has brought me his blankie and pillow, so I guess that is my cue to get off here and cuddle with him til he falls asleep, maybe I can get Brooke to lay down with us and we can all take a nap. (ha ha, to much too ask for, right)

Hope everyone is having a blessed day..........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope that the stike ends and Jack gets work. It will be lonesome here in The Carolina's when I can't hear from you. Linda

Aunt Kathy said...

Wendy, praying still for you and your family. {{{HUGS}}}

Scarlet said...

Wendy, I am so sad to hear about your grandma. I pray that she makes a full recovery. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make things better. Jehovah knows that you are in need and he will provide my friend. He always does. Keep praying and put all you faith in him. The power of prayer is amazing.

*hugs and love*

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Hugs!!!