Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm still here....





I figured I had better get on here and show some pictures and give a little update.

My Grandmother is home, she got home yesterday. They did not find anything wrong. She did tear the ligaments in here right knee, so she can not get around, (thank God my mom decided to go there) and a therapist will be visiting her at home. My mom said she will be there for at least 2 weeks, unless my dad decides to "do something stupid" and then she will come home. He has been having his dizzy spells again, and the doctor had ordered a CAT scan, but since he had one just a couple months ago, the insurance will not pay for another. Isn't that a crock of sh**.

I did get Rachel's purse done, and I will not be giving it to her, because after it was felted it is not to my satisfaction and I think it is quite yucky. SO I am thinking I will give her the bear I ma crocheting, OR have Katie take the pink and yellow bag off ETSY and give that one to her. It really upsets me that the purse did not turn out like I wanted, it was a waste of some good wool, which I have very little of.
I have also knitted 4 cloths, and have a Basket Weave cloth that I want to make, but want to do the bear first. I just have the legs, arms and ears to do. Right now it looks sort of like a bowling pin.

Tomorrow there is a lady coming to the house to get William signed up for Early On, so he can get some much needed speech therapy. Now if someone from Early Headstart would get back with me, so that he can start that in the fall, they only have 17 slots, so in order for him to get in it is a first come first serve. I had determined when Brooke was 2 and having speech difficulties, that I wanted her to get all the help she could, so that hopefully she will be good to go when she starts school. And I want the same for him. I am not going to sit there and ignore the problem, and then have them be behind (and possibly teased) when they do start school.

The kids had their dentist appointment yesterday, Brooke of course did wonderfully, and the hygienist said that she did not act like a 4 yr old, she said she was better than most of the older kids she sees. Brooke does have to go back June 11th to get 2 small pinhole cavities filled. She has had them from the first time we went, but they decided that it was time to take care of them before they get any worse. Now William, he was not very cooperative, he laid on me in the chair and refused to open his mouth, I had to pry it open for her to at least get a quick look, and he cried and said "NO NO NO" basically the whole time. At least it was not the ear piercing screams. The dentist came in to get a quick look and the little stinker opened right up for him. We will continue to take him, and see if we get any further the next time.

The land lord and all his family are going camping for the weekend, so Jack will be taking care of making sure the furnace is well stocked with wood (maybe we will actually have lots of hot water) and he will mow the grass for them. The picture of the "Woodmaster" is the furnace that provides all our heat for the winter and the hot water throughout the year. During the winter they burn logs, and during the warmer months they burn junk wood, like old wood skids, and anything else wood they can get a hold of (no treated stuff).



before felting (not bad)

after felting (yucky)




DOT Stitch cloth



KAL cloth....first try at lace work......

2 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

You're doing great trying to get all the help you can for the kids...every little bit helps.
Your lace cloth is gorgeous...you done good girl!
I really like that Dot stitch...that looks nice.
Don't you just hate it when projects don't turn out the way you planned. Dangit!

Hugs!

Scarlet said...

So glad to hear that your grandma is okay. I have been thinking about you a lot. I really hate when project don't turn out the way you want. I actually don't think it is that bad. Again I wish I knew how to knit. I wish I lived close enough for you to teach me.

*hugs*