Well it was tiring weekend, but a very enjoyable one, in the end. I love for the kids to all get together and spend time playing and getting to know each other, and thank God my brother feels the same way.
Monday was Rachels 10th birthday, so we got together for that and to also celebrate Calebs 2nd birthday which is Tuesday. My sister bought cupcakes for Caleb, and we even put 2 candles on one for him to blow out after we sang to him...William in one of the pictures is crying, because he did not get to blow out any candles...Poor baby, does not understand.
Dinner turned out really well, of course I fried 24 pork chops (so that there was leftovers for my dad and the rest since my mom is gone) It took me an hour to do that then half an hour to finish the rest of dinner...My feet are killing me....
William ate most of his potatoes, before he fell asleep in his high chair....I just reclined him back, until I finished my dinner. I let him sleep for a little over an hour and then woke him up so he could go outside to play with the other kids. My dad decided to water the garden and the kids also....It was so fun to watch, and I could kick myself in the butt for not having the video camera, and even bringing the camera out.
My mom called to give us an update on my Grandma...well there is nerve damage in her foot along with the torn ligaments. They will have to do surgery. So my mom was letting my dad know that it will probably be August before she gets home. No one was too happy to hear that, my dad because that leaves him, and he has to try to keep up most of the house while my sister works, and watch Rachel. Rachel because she has to go stay with her dad for the summer starting June 12th, and will not return for 6 weeks. Me because I miss my mom and even if it is just to go over for a cup of coffee, that is all I sometimes need to keep me going for another day. Brooke, because grandma is suppose to be home and she already misses her also....BUT we all know she has to be there for her mom, and we would not have it any other way....If we could just get grandma to quite being so stubborn and realize she would be better off here with all of us, instead of 600 miles away.....
We were suppose to be in for some severe storms, but they passed...It was very hot and humid, and quite windy...So here I sit, and I do believe that is thunder I hear over the roar of the fan, and it is POURING down rain, of course it is my luck that it is 78 in here and it is coming in my window, I REFUSE to shut my window all the way...now way horsey (as Brooke says) I just wish I did not feel so guilty and do not want to turn on the air conditioner, but NO I have a conscience and since we are still behind in rent, I do not want to add more to the electric bill for the land lord.....I hope I do not have to suffer the summer like this....The American Axle strike is over so now let someone call Jack to work......
Well I think I am actually unwound enough that I can sleep.....I am so glad this weekend is over....I need a break and the kids do too. They love to play with the boys, and go to grandmas, but 3 days of it all day long, is too much even for them, it throws off their whole routine, and poor Brooke has school tomorrow, so she does not get to just veg for a day....
Hope you all enjoyed the video I put together of some of the pictures I took over the weekend....(the black and white cat is my "nephew" Oreo, my sisters cat, had to include him, since he was actually out and about and not hiding)
Hope you all had a safe a wonderful weekend....
HUG THE ONES YOU LOVE AND PRAY FOR THOSE YOU DON'T....
3 comments:
Woman, I am so glad those storms missed you. They wrecked all kind of havoc a couple of hours north of here. This has been one strange weather year, hasn't it? Extreme everything!!!
Glad they are off strike and may they call Jack soon!
I hope Jack gets that call too!
Nice slideshow....it was a fun weekend but a busy weekend.
Glad the storms missed ya!
Hugs!
Aww poor William, next time give him a candle anyway, I would have.
Oh and that tin man was cute.
Everyone looked like had a great time
Post a Comment