
My niece had a Spring Concert at school this evening. I had forgotten all about it, and did not have the video camera batteries charged, no dinner started and I was still in my PJ's, when my sister called at 4:30. I was not going to go, I was just going to show her how to use the camera. But instead I plugged in the battery and called her back, told her that the kids and I would be there. Rachel was so happy, since Grandma is not here to go. The battery for the video camera actually charged in time for us to leave at 6 to meet with them.



While I was getting the camera ready for my sister, I found I had an extra SD card. I checked it out and found 8 pictures of the kids from March and April of 2006. I can not believe I had forgotten I had it and that there was still pictures on it...My babies have grown up so much....Brooke was just 25 months old and William was only 3 months old....
My Grandma saw an ortho doctor today, They are going to fit her with a leg brace. They are hoping that the nerve damage is just temporary due to inflammation, and that it will correct itself. She will go back in 3 weeks to see if she is going to have to have surgery, or not.
The land lord called Jack today, and asked him to mow the grass. Their son that usually does it is down with the flu and has been extremely sick since they got home Monday night. Marie actually thinks he may have alcohol poisoning along with too much sun. I remember when I had alcohol poisoning (back in the year I turned 16, what a fool I was) that I was sick for 3 days, puking and could not lift my head for anything. That is the day, year , time I learned to not drink. I did not touch a drink for many, many years after that, I learned my lesson. Thank God I was only sick, it could have been worse.
Brooke has school tomorrow and then she has next Tuesday, and will be done with it. Wednesday is the family picnic, and I still can not think of what I want to make. I know I want something the kids will like.
I got a letter in the mail on Saturday stating that our food stamps would be canceled on June 3rd. because of not verifying income, which I did a month ago. I even sent copies of the 2 check stubs that he got for working 2 days. Well I got a hold of my worker today, or I should say my old worker, who informed me that she was not my worker any more, that I had a new worker, so she gave me her number. I called the new worker and she said she did not have the information, that she would check with my old worker to see if she did. I did not hear anything back from them, but they better get their stuff together. How can they change your worker with out informing you, and then to not pass on information that is important. SO Jack got our State Reps phone number and made a phone call. It just so happens that he is on the Family and Children services committee. We shall see what is done about it all, if anything.
I started a bag, for myself, (yes I did say myself) Using the Felt It wool my mom bought me. I am just about done with it, and then I will felt it. I sure hope it turns out, unlike the last one I did. I have been trying to teach myself a new stitch or technique in knitting, every couple of days. So today it was knitting in the round. The large diameter is easy, The magic loop would be easy, if I had a longer circular needle, I tried to use my cables with extensions, but that did not work out, The 2 circulars would probably be easy enough, if I had 2 in the same size, and the double points, well I could not get anywhere with those, not because I did not get the concept, but because I only have size 7's and they are aluminum, and so my darn stitches just kept slipping right off the needles. SO I guess the double points is put on hold, til I can get some wood or bamboo double points.

Well I have not done much today, but I sure am tired. I guess I can put blame on it being that time of the month, and it is kicking me in the butt, as usual, since it is the first day...
I hope everyone has had a wonderful day, and will find a blessing in something, tomorrow.
2 comments:
I love to find forgotten pictures, it's like a present. I am glad you made the concert, I know you are frazzled but fun stuff is still good.
Can't wait to see how the bag felts. I am working on my first felted project this week. I am using that pink Lambs Pride you sent me, that is fletable right?
How awesome to find those photos! Don't they look so cute?!
I can't wait til next week is over and school is out for the summer.
Hugs!
Post a Comment