Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Friday, May 30, 2008

Hot and Humid

Today was a very hot and humid day. It felt more like an August day instead of near the end of May. Believe me there has been a couple of times that I shut the windows and turned the air on. Finally after dinner I said that I had it and was going outside, it is much cooler out there, right now, than in here. They are saying we could get some severe storms, I just wish it would rain, no severe stuff.

Yesterday I dug up some more grass to make the garden bigger. It is now about 15ft by 4ft. I added about another 4 feet to it, so that we could plant the pumpkins and watermelons. I also planted some spring onions and bush pickles (cucumbers) SO now all the garden is planted, now to play the waiting game of production.



I finished the bag last night and felted it today. I have to highly recommend the Caron Felt It...It took only one time in the wash to felt it completely. It usually takes at least 3 times to felt....so that was a nice surprise.

I found a few patterns in a granny square book that I thought were interesting. One was a GIANT granny made into a halter. It was for an adult, but I knew that I could do it for a child, just make a granny big enough to cover and add some ties in 2 corners, fold down some of one corner for the top and add a tie to it also. And this is what it turned out to look like.


She has not taken it off since I took the pics. I used worsted weight cotton for it. Now the next will be a tank top style top using a giant granny again. They have a child version using a giant granny then they have an adult version using smaller grannies.....NOW to figure out how to make a pair of crocheted shorts.....because little miss has informed me she wants shorts, also.

Mother nature is still kicking my butt....and I have the headache and backache to go with it....Makes for a very crabby mommy. I had to put myself in timeout a couple of times today.......Of course the humidity does not make matters any better.

Marie (the land lady) Jack and myself have been talking to little man about being such a big boy and he really needs to use the potty like a big boy...He just plainly tells us "NO"....the little stinker will go potty and then come to me as he is taking off his diaper, for it to be changed, and has even tried to put his own diaper on....I think that it is time that we give it a try. He can basically get himself dressed, it may not be right every time, but sure is cute, when he comes to me with his pants on, backwards......The problem is he has no big boy underpants, so I can not really get started with it.....Otherwise tomorrow would be POTTY day, just to see if he GETS it....It sure would be nice to not have to buy anymore diapers......

Well I am sitting here sweating, so I think it is time to go sit in front of the fan....

Hope everyone has had a wonderful day today.................

4 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

That is a totally cute little halter! I can see why she loves it.

I wish we had planted us a garden this year...maybe next year we can plan ahead and get one going.

Hugs!

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh don't get me going on potty training, Adam is well past being ready, but he still says he wants a diaper...

That giant granny square is cute.

I made a new pattern today and I am going to try to felt it. Oh i hope it works out. I've been working on it all night. Do you use laundry soap when you felt or just hot water?

The Jillybean said...

The top is so cute! What a great idea! Good luck with the potty training!

Anonymous said...

Oh that top is just so adorable and your little sweetie is very cute in it.

Hugs!!!