Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring is here (finally)

Today was a beautiful Spring day...the kids and I took full advantage of it and spent hours outside. They played and I did some much needed raking, and just soaking in the fresh air.

I of course took the camera out and tried to find some signs of Spring, and actually did. There was little sprigs of GREEN grass coming in, some flower buds, Robins, Flies, and the beautiful bird song of the Red Wing blackbirds.

I made a beaded doily yesterday, it was the first time I crocheted with beads, and it was EASY, here I thought it was above me, I sometimes underestimate myself.

I have joined a KAL group and I have my project up to our days, I am amazed I have kept up, I was not too sure, since we are getting 10 rows a day, but hey, I am doing it (pat pat). I am now trying to think of what I want to make next...I have so much I would love to do, but can not make up my mind WHAT next.

Shelly I have your prize all picked out, I will get pictures tomorrow and then put it in the mail...My dear sis gave me a few dollars so that I could mail it, and not dig into the little reserve I have left.

As I am typing this, I am sitting here with the brain thinking about what I want to make next. So give me some help here. I can make a felted bag, Plain crocheted tote, Stuffed animal, Child's sweater, Shawl...........see there is just too many things to choose from....

I have 2 goof balls for children, they are sitting behind me on the bed with my shirt lifted up and giving me raspberries all over my back......They just love to see if they can cover every inch, and funnier yet, it feels good....Boy I could go for a good back rub.....

Brooke likes the show "Kimora Life in the Fab Lane"....so that is what is on the television, of course at the moment she is not watching it, instead she is fighting with her brother.....I think it is way past bedtime, but of course they took a nap after our outside time, and that means it will be a little longer before they give up the ghost......

I am going to sit here and look at my patterns and come up with something to make, and if I do not decide, then I will just crochet a washcloth for now, until someone helps me decide or I finally decide...

Hope everyone has had a beautiful day.....






Bob working on his OLD tractor




Beaded Doily




Bubba Kitty




KAL in Progress



Little Miss




Peeking





Enjoying the beautiful Spring day





Old Barn



Poor Baby...she spent the winter in the sandbox




Farmer Bob




Forgotten Nest




Remnants of Fall and Sprigs of Spring





Lone Robin



Springtime Buds













4 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

It's looking good girl!! I am so proud of you! Wait til next month's picture cloth....it's my favorite of the two.
Hugs!

pinkangel said...

I love the way you make your blog so interesting. Pictures say a lot. Kids are growing so much and William doesn't look like a little boy anymore..........Hope you don't feel old...LOL And I know you are happy to see some GREEN and see and hear the wonderful robins........My mom always looks for them too.....We have them all winter.

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh I have seen way too many toys like that baby doll, lol.

Now you can always knit up some of Melanie's balloon pattern cloths (with acrylic) for the VJG blanket, lol That's all I have been doing for a week. But thank God I am on the last one for this blanket anyway. I should have it all sewn together by the weekend.

You and Mel are getting such great pictures, I want a new camera so bad.

Scarlet@kfu.com said...

Darn, I wish I knew how to knit. I learned how to cast one and go back to make a row but I am sure there is more to it than that.

Love the pictures!!

*HUGS*