Whatever you do, work at ig with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men ~ Col. 3:23

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mommy needs a time out

Ok I need a time out.....I need a mommy break.....I need a day without fighting, whining, screaming, back talk, crying, more fighting and more talking back......

I so had to put myself in time out today, I had to go outside and walk away, before I did something that I would be sure to regret (like beat a child to a pulp)...........I do not believe in the time out concept of discipline, because it just does not work with my kids, BUT I do believe in putting myself in time out...to take a DEEP breath and think about my actions before I just blow a fuse......My mom did not do that, she would blow a fuss and we would get the burnout.......I WILL NOT DO THAT....
I do not want my children to be afraid of me, I do not want them to cower from me, BUT they will learn to respect me and to listen to me....some way some how.......

They both got smart and fell asleep....so now mommy can sit here and take a chill pill and refresh.....

That all said, I am going to go take a Calgon moment and maybe go to bed myself........I am EXHAUSTED.........

Have a beautiful day................

2 comments:

Katie O said...

Sorry you had a hard day. Wish i could have been there for you more... stupid work was in the way. I hope you got some much needed rest and jack got good news at the work place today. Prayers and hugs!!

Anonymous said...

I'm there with the mommy time out. My son just was diagnosed with ASD (autism spectrum disorder). That boy has enough defiance to keep a room full of parents busy.
Hang in there...